Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle abuse by dealer.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 06:41 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Vehicle abuse by dealer.

Unfortunately, this is all too common anymore. I took my last car into the dealer's shop because the headlights were fogging up. They replaced the housings, but managed to scratch the crap out of my front bumper in the process. When I tried to go back at them, they told me they'd touch it up. Well, that's exactly what they did, with the cheap little "nail polish" bottle with a brush in it. Needless to say, it looked like crap, and this was a show car.
I had to take it back to the dealership (still under warranty) to have a TSB done on the exhaust manifold, and to have my fried ECU replaced. When I got it back almost a week later, it had over 60 miles put on it. I was IRATE! I first spoke to the tech, then the service writer, then the service manager, then the sales manager, then the general manager, all in one sitting! I got nothing out of any of them, got home, and called Nissan North America (already had a contact there from before). Next day, the dealership calls me and asks what they can do (explained to me that they had to drive it to "get rid of the smell" from the new manifold). I said, you can paint my front bumper the way it should have been in the first place.
I finally got some satisfaction, but it took way too long. Thank God I don't have to deal with that dealership anymore.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:48 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

I would refuse to take the car back and tell them that they need to find a brand new car to give me. There is no excuse for this, and I would definitely not want to pay for any damage that was caused then and does not appear until 3 miles after the warranty is gone.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:08 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I had a similar problem with my car when I bought it. The dealer have sent me the paperwork and I sent a 5000 dollar check to put down on the car and the title said it had 7 miles. Just what I would expect for a car that is new. When I took delivery the car had 400+ miles! I was so pissed that all I could see was red!. I contacted the owner of the dealership and told him what happened. He acted as if he didn't care!
I then threatened to go to customer service and told them what happened and Frod motor credit! Both said the dealer should rectify the problem and the both of us should come up with something that the customer (me) is happy with! I had already spent an extra 10 grand for parts and labor and my own labor to get the car done with a Cervinis kit!
The whole point and why I was mad was after I put 5 grabd down on the car it should have locked in the mileage as well as it technically is no longer is the dealer car and it is mine as I put a down payment on it................. Well everything said and done a with the help of a couple good lawyers and help with wording on how to handle the dealer I received the first months car paymnet paid in full by the dealer on top of that I received an extra 500 dollars for my time and trouble in dealing with the dealershaip and the Steed springs that the dealer was supposed to install weren't. So I had a friend do the install and charges the dealership for the labor at ford tech rates! It really worked to my advantage.

[IMG]local://upfiles/54958/ABD086A762F74316AA16CDB1DC7A4203.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-15-2006, 01:41 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

i would love to know the name of th dealership..and i would sue the pissout of them once i got out of jail for smaking around the nub who drove my car.....

Off Topic: had a place that was a u park it joint..and when i went the guy tells me i need to leave him my keys...when i asked why he quickly rescinded the request.....

i always check my mileage when having work done if left over night or several nights and always check it with valets...

no incidents yet...but if that dealership didnt rectify the situation i would have to contemplate driving my pony trhough their showroom windo into like a gt or a cobra or something...

im sure it would make the news. and im shocked that the ford themselves isnt doing anything......

wrong and gorunds for a serious lawsuit...joyriding in a customers car mustang or not is inexcyusable

my 2 cents
Old 12-15-2006, 01:43 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I agree 100%
ORIGINAL: phunnyguy

i would love to know the name of th dealership..and i would sue the pissout of them once i got out of jail for smaking around the nub who drove my car.....

Off Topic: had a place that was a u park it joint..and when i went the guy tells me i need to leave him my keys...when i asked why he quickly rescinded the request.....

i always check my mileage when having work done if left over night or several nights and always check it with valets...

no incidents yet...but if that dealership didnt rectify the situation i would have to contemplate driving my pony trhough their showroom windo into like a gt or a cobra or something...

im sure it would make the news. and im shocked that the ford themselves isnt doing anything......

wrong and gorunds for a serious lawsuit...joyriding in a customers car mustang or not is inexcyusable

my 2 cents