Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF IS MY CAR DOING??? AHHHHH!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Default WTF IS MY CAR DOING??? AHHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay so I'm now in a 5 spd manual 05 GT. I previously traded in my 5spd automatic becuase of obvious reasons. Anywho Im really concerned about this extreme vibration I get when I do a nice launch spinning the tires.. I've had previous Mustangs with 5spds, and when I 'd launch them the way I do this one Id never get this obnoxious vibration throughout the car. I have an aftermarket plug/play sirius mounted next to the radio, Radar detector, and GPS that fly all over the place when I do a power launch. The car has like 6,000 miles, and is completly stock. Is this "wheel hop"? I've heard the term, though im not 100% sure I know what this is... Could it be something with my tires, which are in beautiful shape really. To be honest im really not that hard on the car, I just get occasional urges to have a little fun. Any/All input will be greatly appreciated!! THANKS
Old 12-17-2006, 02:24 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Default RE: WTF IS MY CAR DOING??? AHHHHH!!!!!!!

My guess is there are some TSB's on your car dude. I think these are the ones you need.

https://mustangforums.com/recalls-an..._18461/TSB.htm

and

https://mustangforums.com/recalls-an..._05911/TSB.htm

Old 12-17-2006, 02:29 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

thanks! so what do I do take it to fords and have them do this under warrnty?? Is there anyway I could have them go through the car and review all the TSB's? I'd love to know the car is in tip top shape built flawlessly, but I have to remind myself this is a Ford not a Ferrari... Sad I should have to look at it like that, but I think its the truth....

Any other opinions are welcomed, since I would love to be prepared to tell ford to look in as many areas of the car as possible while its in the shop...
Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Sounds like wheel hop to me!
Old 12-17-2006, 02:34 AM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Sounds like wheel hop to me!
+1...My 05 has both...wheel hop, and the front end popping.....What you are describing is wheel hop when you launch hard. The front end TSB popping won't knock your Sirius receiver off the dash....wheel hop will....

Mike
Old 12-17-2006, 02:43 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Just to make sure we are all on the same page - "nice launch spinning the tires" is an oxymoron. 'Nice launch' and 'spinning the tires' don't belong in the same sentence.

Seriously though, your car is under warranty and it could be one of a dozen things. Go to the dealer, have the service tech get in the car with you and launch as you described. He should know in a second where to concentrate his inspection.

Your description would be impossible for anyone to say "it is definitely this or that" - you need to have your car looked at by a pro. Have you done any suspension mods or installed a DS? Does it only do it under this so called 'hard launch' or does it vibrate at speed too and if so what speed? There are so many factors to consider - just take you car in and get it checked.

Mark
Old 12-17-2006, 02:56 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

I dont even know what a "DS" is, but the car is strictly stock to the best of my knowledge.. I bought the car with like 5,000 miles on it, and Ive looked throughout the car and believe I would notice an aftermarket part if I saw one, but I cant say for sure that it is indeed down to every nut/washer... Basically nothing that jumps out like headers/cai/mufflers/etc. There could be 3.73's but I wouldnt know by physically looking at it ( esp. since I cant compare it with a before/after ride)... The car only does this from the launch, otherwise the car rides fairly smooth with a slight pull at higher speeds that I think may be an alignment issue.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:00 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

sorry if i missed this, but when your launching do you
turn traction control off?
Old 12-17-2006, 03:03 AM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

Sometimes... Depends if im doing the launch on impulse or if Ive been stratigically planning it for a few minutes!! LOL, either way im pretty sure it does it either way, just more with it off because the car wont interfere as much....
Old 12-17-2006, 03:07 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i was goofin around today in the stang and never turned tc off....i
was feeling the wheel hop during corner chirps and quick
launches

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

Sometimes... Depends if im doing the launch on impulse or if Ive been stratigically planning it for a few minutes!! LOL, either way im pretty sure it does it either way, just more with it off because the car wont interfere as much....

Quick Reply: WTF IS MY CAR DOING??? AHHHHH!!!!!!!