Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Microsoft ZUNE

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:10 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Microsoft ZUNE

Hello I just bought a Microsoft Zune, can I use it in my car or isn't this like the Ipod.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:21 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Microsoft ZUNE

Should be able to if you have an 07 with the auido jack and the proper wire.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:33 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Do not know about the Zune because I have not researched them. But since iPod pretty much has the market cornered for MP3 players and accessories the majority of manufacturers do tend to make their equipment "iPod compatible". So my kneejerk reaction would be yes. May not have the complete functionality of an iPod, but it should at least play.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:06 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

It will work, same basic interface. However, I will add my $.02 here...get rid of the Zune, and get rid of it now! I've had a Creative Labs Zen 30gb MP3 player for about a year, and just recently picked up the Zune because I liked the bigger screen. Problem being that the Zune supports very, VERY few video types. So all the movies I had on my Zen and on my computer won't load onto the Zune. Just FYI...
Old 12-17-2006, 08:25 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Anything that can use head phones will work with the AUX input. They say iPod compatible because it's easier to explain. Our interface is pretty basic in that you control the music via the music player. Mazda, on the other hand, has specifically designed it's interface around the iPod... you can control the music via the steering wheel controls...
Old 12-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Zune will work...Even some of the GPS systems that have MP3 player capabilities built in (some of the fancier Garmins and Magellans have this technology built in) will output through the AUX input.

I've hooked up my PSP to the AUX Input and had it work, because I used the male-to-male headphone jack cable.

I should make a list of known good devices that work with the AUX input, because it seems like there's been a lot of people who have gotten confused about this.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:57 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Actually, anything will work from an old cassette Walkman to an electric guitar( played through an amp and wired to the car's input jack). Seems Slash should be hooked up to a Black Mustang instead of a VW!
On the Zune story- I backed off buying one after reading the reviews and now I'm afraid I have more reasons to back off from Zune ownership. I thought it would be worth it because most of my CDs are on my computer and are still in Windows format. While I don't know how much I'd even use video playback that does turn me off. Had my eye on the Creative Labs 30GB so maybe if Santa is listening...
Old 12-18-2006, 05:23 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Mac>PC plain and simple. My roomate has all mac stuff and its all badass. Kinda funky to use at first but its really simple once you start getting use to it. Next 2700-3000 buck that seeks past my car is going toward a MacbookPro.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:32 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

The Creative Labs is nice. The screen is a little small, but it supports almost any kind of music and/or video file. And the transfer tool is 100x easier to use than the one for the Zune. Go for the Creative Labs one if you have the choice.

And I know someone did NOT just give props to Mac... Mac's are nice for about 30 seconds, until you realize that hardly any software companies support them, and those that do mark up the Mac-supported products because the programming just isn't that "mainstream" yet. And IMO, most of the Mac stuff looks like it was either made for toddlers, or teenage girls. A little too "bubbly" for me.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:26 PM
PRGT
2nd Gear Member

I have the zune already an I don't have the problem with the videos becuaseI change its format to WMV.

Quick Reply: Microsoft ZUNE