Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want to do custpom stereo install and would love to see some of yours!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Want to do custpom stereo install and would love to see some of yours!!

ORIGINAL: grbrorng07

Have done the headunit. I am doing a 5 channel kicker amp and 2 10" kicker subs. I want to do something in the trunk that looks good with the amp and subs.
Good luck getting your hands on carbon fiber, but...

Old 12-26-2006, 05:28 AM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Want to do custpom stereo install and would love to see some of yours!!

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

ORIGINAL: ANBAUTO

ORIGINAL: HypromanGT

ANBAUTO, that is a pretty crazy setup! I have to admit though, whenever I see a trunk full of speakers/boxes, and then see something like a nitrous bottle next to them, all I can think of is that part in Fast and the Furious where you see Vin ready to race, pumping out tunes from a zillion subs. I often wonder how much faster he could have gone without all that stuff . It seems to me that adding all that weight in the back kinda counteracts the racing theme...?

No disrespect, though...it looks like a killer system!!
Ahh no disrespect taken, alot of other people dont agree with my car but its my car and i like it!
Yes, that is EXACTLY what matters: that YOU like it
Ohh also ive got rockford componants in the rear deck and in the front doors and i also have 8" subs in the doors here the pics of those.
Whoa. How much of a custom job was it to get those 8" subs into the doors? I think you're the first person I've come across that's attempted that!

To get the subs in the door you got to make sure you have the correct mounting depth so it will be ok for clearance. You do have to cut away some of the inner door panel and then wrap some dynamat around the area you cut out so you can make a makeshift enclosure and its all good. The really hard part was running all new speaker wires to the doors for all the new speakers