Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Setting revs per mile with XCal 2?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Setting revs per mile with XCal 2?

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

trying to revive this thread. . .

so i got the SCT xcal2 with 3 mail order tunes from Brenspeed. I've used a tuner before so it wasn't totally new to me. I plugged it in and followed the directions. this was WAY faster than the hypertech III i used with my truck. BUT, I never got to any menu options for changing the revs per mile. from what everybody has said, i was assuming this thing was very user friendly. maybe the user is having an ID10T problem or it's locked as Hawgman said. Ideas? I've written to SCT and I guess I could call Brenspeed as well on Monday when they open.
I'm pretty sure Brenspeed doesn't lock their X-cal's, if you return your car to the stock tune then reload the custom tune after it finishes loading it will ask you if you would like ot do any adjustments.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:22 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Haze28

ORIGINAL: northy_polk

trying to revive this thread. . .

so i got the SCT xcal2 with 3 mail order tunes from Brenspeed. I've used a tuner before so it wasn't totally new to me. I plugged it in and followed the directions. this was WAY faster than the hypertech III i used with my truck. BUT, I never got to any menu options for changing the revs per mile. from what everybody has said, i was assuming this thing was very user friendly. maybe the user is having an ID10T problem or it's locked as Hawgman said. Ideas? I've written to SCT and I guess I could call Brenspeed as well on Monday when they open.
I'm pretty sure Brenspeed doesn't lock their X-cal's, if you return your car to the stock tune then reload the custom tune after it finishes loading it will ask you if you would like ot do any adjustments.
No...They don't. I change my options all the time, especially revs per mile.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:08 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

ok, that's what i thought. but under which "category" do you do this? i have tried every permutation of buttons i can and haven't found any options for modifying the revs per mile, or changing the idle/fan/rpms/redline/?????. if i remember the screen choices are

1) DTC/Data
2) Program vehicle: under which the categories
Custom tune and
Return to Stock can be found
3) Display dealer
4) LCD contrast.

So i've chosen the 87 tune, but then it doesn't allow me to do anything else once i've chosen that besides the mandatory on/off with the key. The instructions [which suck by the way] from SCT say "If there are user adjustable options available for that file, the display will read 'Enter opt parms?'". I never saw this screen.

The Brenspeed instructions say "Load the revs per mile in the user adjustability when loading the tune". This doesn't really make sense to me. In the "user adjustablity"????? The "user adjustablity WHAT"??? And WHEN does this particular part of the process take place?

I'm not angry with anybody, just extremely confused!!! Although I do think the instruxns could be more clear, just like ALL instructions!!!!

Thanks y'all for any help.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM
northy_polk
3rd Gear Member

herp meplitty prease!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:21 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

Call SCT.. they will walk you right though it.. answer ALL your questions .. ( if you have any ) great people...!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:54 PM
itsmetoo
1st Gear Member

You will have to reload your tune. When you select the tune to load it will ask you if you want to adjust parameters, choose yes then use the arrow keys to select different parameters. You will find revs per mile in there. Press select and set it to the appropriate number.

This should be pretty close instructions...I am typing this from memory. If this don't work let me know and i could reload my tune and give better instructions.