Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREAT Highway Gas Mileage- WTF ?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 11:34 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: GREAT Highway Gas Milage- WTF ?!?

your mpg is a little high. you better start modding as soon
as possible, to bring it into alignment [8D]
Old 12-18-2006, 11:35 PM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

well, superchips, k$N CAI Manifold back exhaust which includes highflow cats and new x pipe and highflow muffler and a spacer between the intake and throttle body. The exhuast did the trick but when i put them on i jumped up to that milage.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Dang my V6 vert averages 20 and on the highway the best I've ever gotten was 23.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:53 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Hey hammeron, I had a little talk with the Ford service dept. manager, and he told me I'd have to be nuts to add any mods until my warranty ran out because mods would void just about ANYTHING that went wrong, and I'd have to pay for ALL repairs out of my OWN pocket....!
I don't mind admitting that he scared the SH*T out of me, and every time I see a thread here on MF about CEL's coming on and cars going into the dreaded "limp mode" because of faulty CAI's & tunes (and I see LOTS and LOTS of these threads!), it only confirms his advice.

I can hardly WAIT to add some mods to eliminate the (minor) throttle lag and make her even faster while getting even better gas mileage, but I certainly don't want to void my warranty, so I'd better learn to be patient......;-(
Old 12-19-2006, 01:46 AM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

my baby has 38000 on her so im way past the warrinty and also it depends on the dealership you go to. i know of several that dont mind mods. so just make sure your ford will mind mods.
Old 12-19-2006, 01:59 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Billyjo- my dealer obviously minds mods a LOT, so there's not really too much I can do but wait till I'm over 36,000 (only 35, 450 miles to go....;-)
Old 12-19-2006, 02:39 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

when i bought my baby i felt the same way, no mods
that would endanger the 3/36 warranty.....well i'm coming
up on the one year anniversary and now i'm looking forward
to maybe adding a whipple s/c next summer...so much
for the warranty sometimes you gotta just say "what the heck".

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

Hey hammeron, I had a little talk with the Ford service dept. manager, and he told me I'd have to be nuts to add any mods until my warranty ran out because mods would void just about ANYTHING that went wrong, and I'd have to pay for ALL repairs out of my OWN pocket....!
I don't mind admitting that he scared the SH*T out of me, and every time I see a thread here on MF about CEL's coming on and cars going into the dreaded "limp mode" because of faulty CAI's & tunes (and I see LOTS and LOTS of these threads!), it only confirms his advice.

I can hardly WAIT to add some mods to eliminate the (minor) throttle lag and make her even faster while getting even better gas mileage, but I certainly don't want to void my warranty, so I'd better learn to be patient......;-(
Old 12-19-2006, 03:27 AM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

Hey hammeron,
Well, all I can say is: "you're a braver man than I am Gunga Din", cause those friggin' CEL's scare the BEJESUS out of me (I even freaked out for a moment this afternoon when I heard that "pinging" alarm for "low fuel- 50 miles left till empty" for the very first time......!
Problem is- I'm not the LEAST bit mechanical, and would have to drag my sorry butt over to the Ford dealer every time something even MINOR happened with my baby, and that Evil service manager was almost licking his chops at the thought of being able to void my warranty at the sight of ANY mods, and wouldn't hesitate to make me sell my first-born to pay the tab.........
Old 12-19-2006, 04:03 AM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

i am highly modded with 4.30s and i get 20-23mpg on the highway. unfortuneately, i get horrible mileage in the city
Old 12-19-2006, 12:12 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

13.7 around town. Lost about 1 mpg when I got blown. [&:] Kenne Bell that is....

Quick Reply: GREAT Highway Gas Mileage- WTF ?!?