Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use Ford Racing parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 03:31 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone use Ford Racing parts?

I've heard that the Ford Racing stuff is good stuff, but I never see anyone using it...

The CAI looks like it's a pretty good one that they offer, and it comes with a chip that will still meet CARB (a BIG deal for me, living in California, the birthplace of CARB).

However, I never see anyone here saying that they like and/or use some of these parts...Anyone? Any pros, cons?
Old 12-20-2006, 11:00 AM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone use Ford Racing parts?

I have the Ford Racing Stinger axel backs. Love em, but only on a week.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:14 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Springs and Stingers....but those are common parts from the FRPP line that people use. I know that a couple people have used the complete suspension pack, but I don't know anyone using the CAI with tuner. Most people use aftermarket (K&L, JLT, Steeda, Granatelli) CAIs with Diablosport of SCT tuners. I am unsure about the other parts though.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:28 AM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

i have their gears and CMCV delete plates....both are top quality
Old 12-20-2006, 11:43 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

I have the FRPP 4.10s and axle backs. No complaints about either.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Some of the FRPP stuff is good, some is not.

The CMCP deletes, springs, gears,and of course the axle-back (which are really Borlas) are all good.

However, the FRPP suspension parts, CAI, tuner, and such are not as good as aftermarket types.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:02 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

FRPP Axle-back Stingers; 1.5 Springs - have no problems and perform great!!! Good thing about FRPP parts is that the dealer can install and no warranty issues!
Old 12-20-2006, 01:20 PM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

FRPP Stingers, and just received my FRPP CMDP (delete plates)!!I have no complaints...
Old 12-20-2006, 01:31 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

FRPP Axle-back Stingers; 1.5 Springs - have no problems and perform great!!! Good thing about FRPP parts is that the dealer can install and no warranty issues!
Just to be clear, this is not always true. Some dealers will void your warranty even if the parts are Ford brand and even if they do the work (my dealer, for example [:@]). It all comes down to the individual dealer. Some dealers are OK with any brand of parts, some are Ford only, and some are NO MODS.

FRPP isn't a guarantee of warranty compatibility. Ask your dealer first if this concerns you.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:44 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

Just to be clear, this is not always true. Some dealers will void your warranty even if the parts are Ford brand and even if they do the work (my dealer, for example [:@]). It all comes down to the individual dealer. Some dealers are OK with any brand of parts, some are Ford only, and some are NO MODS.

FRPP isn't a guarantee of warranty compatibility. Ask your dealer first if this concerns you.
Then it could be just my dealer. There is a difference between a regular Ford dealer and an authorized SVT dealer. Our local dealer is an authorized SVT dealer so that could make a difference with FRPP and warranty. They sell and install performance Ford parts. My service writer told me that if I purchase and have my FRPP parts installed there, I would not have any warranty problems at all. I didnt think it would be any different from any other Ford dealer that sold and installed FRPP. Something to think about I guess.

Quick Reply: Anyone use Ford Racing parts?