Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vortech bumped my RWHP big time!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 07:25 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Vortech bumped my RWHP big time!

Hope you like the vortec.Dont listen to those guys saying to push it higherjust ask Mike about my car I kept pushing all the way to 500rwhp lasted
5000mi till one cold morning on a cold day BOOM through a rod . Waiting for my stroker now. Fell free to pm me I would like to no who you are since the sameperson tunes are cars.And remember DONT GO OVER 450 RWHP!!!!!

WHEN I SAY THOSE GUYS I MEAN THE ONES TELLING YOU TO PUSH FURTHER NOT LONE STAR PERFORMANCE OR MIKE HE WORNED ME EVERY STEP OF THE WAY WHAT COULD HAPPEN .DID NOT WANT ANY ONE TOTAKE THISTHE WRONG WAY

Old 12-20-2006, 07:44 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ebr

Hope you like the vortec.Dont listen to those guys saying to push it higher just ask Mike about my car I kept pushing all the way to 500rwhp lasted
5000mi till one cold morning on a cold day BOOM through a rod . Waiting for my stroker now. Fell free to pm me I would like to no who you are since the same person tunes are cars.And remember DONT GO OVER 450 RWHP!!!!!
Exactly what I'm saying. If it were me with the money for the S/C, I'd sure like to have the internals reworked with stronger aftermarket rods, crank and pistons. At least you'd feel better pushing the thing past 500 - 550 with a stronger bottom end.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Hope you like the vortec.Dont listen to those guys saying to push it higher just ask Mike about my car I kept pushing all the way to 500rwhp lasted
+1, on the street you probably wouldn't be able to use the difference between 450 and 500hp anyway. Better to be safe than sorry.

KB comes with a tuner and tune custom made for your ECU. I had to send them the ECU code with the order. Had it dyno'd at the shop that installed it and the A/F ratio was perfect
Definitely, the KB stock tune is dead on.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:58 PM
ANBAUTO
4th Gear Member

I was conservitive with my procharger tune only pushing it to 445/400 and its been great since then, but if you think you need to tone it down then do so since its your motor, and welcome to the boost side
Old 12-20-2006, 08:01 PM
ebr
3rd Gear Member

I wish I had in the first plase , but I didn't and it cost a little more now .
Old 12-20-2006, 08:11 PM
RocDoc
1st Gear Member

I guess the dude with the hood has a strong personality....I have no problem with that. But.....don't correct me dude! I know what my car can do and I'm happy with what I've done. When the guys @ Dallas Mustang, Unique Performance and Lone Star Performance make the same statement about being conservative in the tune.....why should I listen to some goober that I have no idea who he is. These guys are qualified as well as certified. When you make statements regarding the assumptions of the different S/C companies....I don't believe they warranty anything but their product. Yes, you can punch up a 4.6 to 500 and higher. You are just not going to keep it togethervery long. Because....if you have the big numbers ...you are going to use them and stress the pressed metal internals. Go ahead and punch your S/C up as high as you want. I will not say a word about it....it's your car.....your business.
When the time comes and I put in forged pistons and rods....then I'll tune it up.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:36 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Newbies RULE!!!! [sm=hail.gif]
Old 12-20-2006, 09:48 PM
RocDoc
1st Gear Member

Yeah...noobie to this site....and a guy that has just been in Mustangs only a year or so. Before that 10 years with Vettes....the last two were C5 verts that were modded and tuned to 500RWHP. Oh yeah and I have initials (letters) the last one is a Ph. D. in Secondary & Higher Ed.
I just made a statement on the site. I do not want to get into a pi$$ing contest with someone. I do not challange anyone's veracity and I do not care to have my veracity challanged. I don't know or really care to know you. I'm sure you are a legend(in your own mind)on this site.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-20-2006, 09:52 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

RocDoc, i support you 100%. i would have been conservative with
the tune as well. Thanks for sharing your experience with us and i hope
to join you in the blown club, soon

Old 12-20-2006, 10:03 PM
RocDoc
1st Gear Member

Default Thanks

I don't meant to be a problem..it's just not polite to put yourself in an admonishing stature with someone you don't know. Thank you....I look forward to reading many posts on this site. And maybe posting a few....If I'm allowed after that outburst. I feel like the new kid in school and some bully tried to pick on me (his mistake).
Merry Christmas & God Bless

Quick Reply: Vortech bumped my RWHP big time!