MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   Window Louver.. GRR READ. (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/220570-window-louver-grr-read.html)

Blacksmoke 12-20-2006 04:19 PM

Window Louver.. GRR READ.

Have Xenon Window louvers for my 06 GT.
One started coming loose... they send me more crap to re install.
I did it.
Did EVERYTHING exactly as they said. Prepped-- all.
Go to eat lunch today after having them for about 2 months.
I look and the one on my driver side door is GONE.
Find it on the road on the way back to the house for lunch.
Call them... argue.. cant get one for free so they send me a replacement at cost.

Anyone having these probs with the Xenons>?

mAnYsTyLeS 12-20-2006 04:30 PM

RE: Window Louver.. GRR READ.

Can you describe what you mean by loose? The first time before it fell off...thanks!!

Blacksmoke 12-20-2006 04:36 PM

The back part of the louver was showing some space in between it and the car.. meaning a little gap which apparantly the tape had come loose or just lost some of its sticky or something had gotten in there to make it that way (dust,etc)

Blacksmoke 12-20-2006 04:39 PM

It seems that nomatter what the back part of the louver is REALLY hard to make sure it sits correct....and after a while they seem to have probs even I manage to get them to sit correctly.
On both of them.. even after perfect prep.

Keep in mind they were on for a good while.. couple months.
But the issue with the back showed up soon after.
Even after replacing the first one.

What am I doing wrong here if anything?
Did yours come with the tape already on the part?
Mine did. had probs with the backs on them.
Even when I replaced the tape and did it myself

Nick040905 12-20-2006 04:39 PM

No problems with mine been on for over a year now

kenthicken 12-20-2006 04:55 PM

I like the way the louvers look, but I'm not sure I'd trust something held on by tape at speed. Only a matter of time before one (or both) flies off.

mAnYsTyLeS 12-20-2006 05:07 PM

I've had my 3D carbon ones on for about 4 months now and I've been through all speeds, temperturesand weather. If I look very closely I can see some space between the tape and the car. Even though I see spaces, most of the sticky crap is still attached to the ride, so I'm not going to mess with it unless I'm ABSOLUTELY positive it's going to fall off or something. When that happens I don't know what I'm going to do because I don't like any other louver except the ones I have.

You should have left them onuntill you were positive they were going to come off. I don't think anyone on this forum hasstick-on louvers without at least 1 little space showing. Prove me wrong someone.

Blacksmoke 12-20-2006 05:10 PM

Well the one that actually flew off was not the one I took off to re install... dunno what I did wrong.. well see how it goes this time.
If after doing it this time it does it again I'll go with a different brand.

JSK 12-20-2006 05:15 PM

I've had the CDC side window louvers and the Xenon side scoops on my car for only a month now, and I can see space already. I figure at this rate, they'll probably come loose/fall off in about a few months. I guess I'll deal with it when the time comes. I figured if these CDC's can last me another year, I'll just replace them with the louvers that replace your side window
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=255

mAnYsTyLeS 12-20-2006 05:26 PM

Anybody know what LOUVERS these are? Are they STICK-ON?

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/5224/foosenk3.jpg

jerseystang07 12-20-2006 05:51 PM

Look kind of like Razzis.

mAnYsTyLeS 12-20-2006 06:18 PM

They do look like the Razzis but unfortunately they're not.

06torchstang 12-20-2006 06:46 PM

Look like my Xenon's. Hard to tell at that distance and angle...

Stone 12-20-2006 07:06 PM

I installed my MRT-Direct louvers side and back 2 years ago and just removed the side ones last week they were on there like rock took 3 hours to get them off and clean the residue off the car,
They use the 3M tape for everything now from bumpers to aftermarket mirror covers and Spoilers they are safe at all speeds I have been over 140 many times with them on and there was no problems at all they use the same tape on the space shuttle so don't worry about weather it will work or not and to answer mAnYsTyLeS question they are all stick on does not matter who makes it and if it's a louver, hood scoop or anything not stock it's held on with 3M tape and some will also add a few screws but not many because who wants to put a whole in there new car...

Then only tricks to installing these items is to get a Claybar and rub it over the area you plan to install to remove any polish or wax and help bind the tape to the surface and after that has been done rub the area with isopropyl alcohol AKA "Rubbing Alcohol" to insure that the area is clean or after awhile your tape will come loose.

likemike99 12-20-2006 07:18 PM

did you use just the tape? did you use the adjesive activator as well? I took mine off due to slow leak when washing my car and it took me like 3 hours too. Tape will wear after some time but a few months is way too early. Did you wash your car first? with soap or just warm water?

Stone 12-20-2006 07:51 PM

Sorry I forgot to mention the adjesive activator, but I assumedif they had read the direction it would have been applied also.
The problem they seem to be having is the tape is losing contact with the surface of the car which I have only seen happen because there was wax/polish and or dirt on the area it was applied to even if you have cleaned it well it needs to be put on very soon after your done with your prep or dust will settle on the area and mess you all up.. Even if you can't see it don't mean it is not there This includes Glass make sure you use the alcohol to clean it and apply the tape 60-120 seconds later.

06torchstang 12-20-2006 07:53 PM

Mine are coming off in places, but the tape is coming off of the Scoops not the car.

LegallyTorchRED 12-20-2006 09:51 PM

Maybe, I'm "prejudiced", but, YOU shoulda Bought "ROUSH", paint 'em, install them
NO PROBS, soorry........ aboutyour luck !
Ya only get, ............ WHAT you pay for[sm=exactly.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif][sm=icon_ladiesman.gif][sm=signs007.gif][sm=signs003.gif]

jerjan 12-20-2006 11:20 PM

Plastic crap leads to plastic scrap! I cant understand why you guys want to hide those beautiful 1/4 windows. When I owned my 66 GT350 the rear 1/4 windows were the defining factor. One of the reasons I really wanted my S197 Stang is because I loved those windows. The S197 brought back those sweet memories of my 66. Back then everyone else had louvres on their fastbacks. My Shelby had windows. I say take off the plastic! And let the windows be seen!

LegallyTorchRED 12-20-2006 11:43 PM

jerjan......
Sheesh,..????? If this guy really had what he said he had ?[sm=interesting.gif]
[sm=ttiwwp.gif][sm=outcold.gif][sm=massbounce.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif]I 'll cover my windows with my ROUSH Louvers, and "I"...think you might be streeeeeeeeeetching the TRUTH[sm=boosign.gif][sm=bs.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=nothatway.gif][sm=owned.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=wtf.gif]

Rupp 12-21-2006 12:09 AM

Do you guys like playing with the smilies?

LegallyTorchRED 12-21-2006 12:12 AM

Yea, we do..........[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=shutup.gif][sm=wtf.gif][sm=wtf.gif][sm=violent053.gif]

Stone 12-21-2006 01:16 PM

I can see enough of the 1/4 windows on all the V6 around I am in St paul MN so there is a 05-07 every 1000 ft, I put mine on in 04 when I got it because when I first saw the 05 this is what I wanted it to look like when I owned it and now it does and I could not be more happy with it I would still love to get a duck tail on her and finish the project off for a few years till prices drop on some of these after market parts.

I will say I get alot of compiments on my louvers back and side it seems to help people relate the cars retro look more so then just the stock view.

Stone 12-21-2006 01:25 PM

I just have to add this and I don't mean it insulting or mean spirted but jerjan what do you think that hood scoop you have taped to your car is made from not to mention your front and back bumper "Plasitc" held on by 3M tape and a few screws if your lucky.

Orion_240 12-22-2006 06:03 AM

Louvers... no louvers... you decide!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/B9CFE1B86C5343A9893342928F0CD47F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/A23CD259830140CF823A17E221158062.jpg[/IMG]

mygt500 12-22-2006 06:47 AM

Louvers!

jerjan 12-28-2006 12:49 PM

Boy!, musta touched a nerve here. No red I'm not stretching the truth, I had to sell my 66 cause of financial shortages at the time, but that was back in 1977. I had no idea the car was going to be a legend and worth what it is now. I messed up bad and spent 29 years wishing I didn't do it. And Stone, the plastic that is on my stang is factory installed, not like I had a choice about it. When you buy aftermarket plastic you don't have any idea how it's gonna hold up. I choose not to add it, you guys can put as much on as you want it's your cars dudes......................Bling it up!

blackout 12-28-2006 02:11 PM

Don't feel too bad my stupid Cervini's side scoops flew off while I was driving. I call to get a replacement oh that's too bad, did you want to purchase a new set we only sell them in pairs. I said definately not, guy was definately an idiot who I spoke with.

I would never recommend Cervini's, I purchased their grill as well and it RUSTED and my car is garaged and always clean and properly dried. Needless to say i'm back to my stock grill, I don't need that spreading to my the actual body of the car...

-Jeff

mrgoodcat 12-28-2006 02:51 PM

I got one of mine riped off when my car was parked in a parking deck.