Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How'd you pick your car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 12:08 PM
rtpstang

Default RE: How'd you pick your car?

Moving to NC from NYC I knew I had to get a vehicle again since the subway wouldn't be an option any more. The difference in price on what I was paying in rent up in NYC and what real estate was in NC opened the doors to some cars I couldn't afford in NYC. After looking at all the 2005 cars that came out I stumbled across the new Mustang design [sm=smiley20.gif] (the thunderbird was a close second, but I wanted 4 seats). No offence meant, but this wasn't the high school prom girls 95 mustangs that had completely turned me off to mustangs. The new body and the hood. I was in love. I had to have a black one. 4 things won out and made me get my v6 prem over the GT. 1. It had the white mustang detailing written down the side. 2. It was black. I had to have black. 3. I liked the better gas mileage and $$ difference in the premium coupe v6. 4. I had an Yamaha R6 which took plenty care of my need for speed. I love my black 05 and I've not been bitten by the mod bug yet. I knew when I bought it though I would want to change out the tires and eventually do more. I've just kept busy enough not to have time. I'm thinking the ipod adapter and the tires will start me down the slippery slope of being bitten by the mod bug.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:03 PM
matts250x

My story spans over a few years, I have owned many stangs from a 66 coupe to a 95 GT. When I saw the new one in late 2004 I knew I had to have one, so a few months went by and the ford stores starting getting them in, as many of you know each dealership wanted 5 Gs over MSRP, so I just put it out of my mind. Fast forward 2 years to about 3 months ago and I was driving past the ford store when I saw a vista blue with a hood scoop, usually a tacked on scoop does not do it for me but it looked perfect. So I decided to go drive it and telling myself it wont be as fast as my old modding 69 and slow like my 95 GTthen I would not want it.......I punch that thing on the freeway on ramp and was blown away even though it was an auto. So I found a ford store that had the exterior and interior upgrades in vista blue with a manual and bought it for $700 below MSRP. Its the best, fastest, coolest mustang I've ever driven. I feel like i'm in my own "gone in 60 seconds" movie when I drive it, just awsome
Old 12-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Supernaut
2nd Gear Member

When the S197 first came out, I went to the dealer and sat in one. I didn't like the dash. The big lip on top of the dash looked like avery dangerous design (I wonder how many people have hit it and suffered the consequenses). On a lighter note, the dash plastic looked cheap and the aluminum plate was too bright. I figured I'd wait until something changed.

Then last summer, my 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP hit 100k miles and started to desintegrate. I spent over $4k in miscelaneous repairs, one month at a time. I searchedMustang sites and learned that there was a new leather dash option, heated seats, and a dark dash plate. Istudied a thread on this site about what people paid, and it was a wide spread. I didnt want to be on the wrong end of the spread, so I spoke to a buddy who knows a Ford dealership manager. I brought in my options list for 2007, which they had not even seen yet! (gotta love the web). I specified the options, and at the last moment changed my mind from Vista blue to Black with red leather (awsome). Then I damn near forgot to delete the spoiler. The manager said he could do $500 over invoice. Sold.

The dealer said they would give me $1000 for the Pontiac. I laughed, as I'd seen similar cars going for $4k-$5k. I figured I'd sell itmyself, but I ended up dumping it for $1000. 3 hours later, the buyer called me and said the motor siezed and caught fire! I drove to him at the side of the highway, wrecker, State Troopers and firemen all over the place. OMG! I gave him back his cash and junked it.

6 weeks later, I got a call that the Mustang would be in Friday. I already had my money lined up through AAA. That Friday morning, I had the girl at AAA waiting forinfo from the dealer, but the dealer fumbled my paper work all day long, and eventually the AAA girl said it was too late to process my loan that day and I'd have to wait until Monday! I was pissed. I bitched at the dealership manager until heasked "what do you want me to do?" "I want my car." "Come get it. We'll finish the paper work Monday." I gave him a personal check for the full price. He held that check hostage untill the financing came through after the weekend.I love my Mustang. Very happy with it.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:32 AM
ItsASingleCam

It was a wonderful friday afternoon. I was just stopping by the dealership to take a look at the new 06 GT's....I got out of the car...looked overat that beautiful red beast with those glowing 18 inch polished bullit wheels....ThenI stared...Creamed my pants...ThenI found myself driving it home...Yeah, that's about all I remember from that day...
Old 12-25-2006, 12:08 PM
wntd doa

i have been a truck man since i started driving. i've had a 85 dodge, 86 250 4x4 diesel, 70 f100 custom and so on. well my first stang was my 97 gt i worked at a chevy dealership and i was looking for a change because my paid off ranger was full of bad memories from an exgirl friend. guess it was like that country song speed. i saw it drove it and bought it. i sold my 97 when i got married cuz my wife thought it would kill me one day so i sold it cuz i loved her. but now she left me when times got hard after only 1yr3months of marrage so once again my 05 chevy 2500 4x4 had to go it was the first place we tried for kids (thank god i didnt work) i work at a lincon merc dealer so i had them find me a 06 gt 5 speed atd-plan price. well they found me a redfire gt fully loaded i sign the paper work the went to get it and the MD dealer sold it out from underneath me. so i was searching again with no 06 5 speed gt to be found. i saw the grabber orange and fell in love with the color so i had them find me a 07 and that when they said they had one on our other lot went and saw it to test drive it. i i fell in love and drove it to my dealer and signed on he dotted line.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:03 PM
chirostang
2nd Gear Member

I went to the dealer, told them exactly what i wanted and they searched their computer database. They found only one about an hour away. They picked it up a few days later and I went in and bought it. That's how i got my baby.