Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Christmas Gloom!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 09:08 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My Christmas Gloom!!

ORIGINAL: LAK3RS

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: LAK3RS

Stowe, I'm sorry about that happening to your son. You did the right thing too. But when am I gonna get to check out that beautiful ride of yours. Those rims look so shiny, plus I gotta hear the Stingers......
Thanks buddy!!! Hey, Ive been in your neck of the woods a few times this past month and wouldnt you believe, nevercaught a peak at that screaming yellow beast one time!! lol I do some banking at the CNB so I have to visit your lovely town once and a while. Let me tell ya, my baby is so dirty you would [:'(]! lol After being in the shop this week she needs a good scrub down and some TLC!!! lol
Yeah, mine's pretty nasty right now too, cause of the weather. But I just can't get the time to go clean my baby. So I'ma make a trip to Roger William's today and get nice little detail on her I guess. BTW, "lovely town", LoL...I don't know where you got that from.....
ROFLMAO!!! I was trying to be polite......we all know about miserable wells!!! LOL LOL LOL Sorry dude, gotta mess with ya now for sure!!! LOL
Old 12-22-2006, 09:16 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jbailer

It's the season. I have always told my kids to watch out for a deal that is "too good to be true". Yes, they grab our attention, they make something that seemed impossible suddenly possible and you stop thinking with the correct part of your brain. I would make my kids deal with the situation under normal circumstances. It's through tough times and struggles that they learn the most. Those lessons really stick with you. However, this is Christmas time and I couldn't stand to see my kids that upset either. My son is much like that also (17.5yrs old), very honest and I could see someone pulling one on him like that. I'm just glad it was only $900 and he learns this lesson at 18. It could be a lot worse. Merry Christmas. -Joe
I couldnt agree with you more on everything you just said.....I went through so many emotions I was spinning but ultimately is was my heart that caved the most......I am glad it was only $900 that is what I told my husband; it could have been much much worse!! Kids like ours are usually the first to get burned but I can only hope that itmade him a better man for it and learned a hard life lesson.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:18 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torch red

Your a Great MOM, Kids always come first..Your Mustang can wait for the MODS..its not going anywhere..

Wish we could track down the AZZ HOLE and run him over...[sm=shootshoot.gif]
Thanks!! You and me both!!!! I have a feeling he will get his one day!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 09:22 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

jerseystang07 the thought crossed my mind but only briefly, I mean very briefly. You might be suprised how your mom would react, no mother wants to see hurt in her baby boy's eyes!!

VigCS Im sorry that happen to you because I have a pretty good idea how you felt [:@]
Old 12-23-2006, 12:42 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

You are so right! You son is lucky to have you in his life! I hope he appreciates it and learned a lesson! Have a great Christmas and If I had the money I would get your mods for you....I am serious! Have a Great New Year you never know what it may bring! J
ORIGINAL: Rupp

I think you guys are all missing the best part of this story though. I'm sorry your son was burnedand lessons area hard row to hoe, but the fact that mom gave her bonus to he son is the STORY here. Good job by you MOM. May you have a blessed and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:23 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

Well lets just put it this way, my son had his first experience with an internet "POS" on Ebay. He got took and got took really hard. Whats sad is that my son is such an honest, hard working 18-yr that he didnt deserve that! He wanted a Supercharger for his mustang so bad that he didnt think carefully about what he was doing. I really couldnt help but feel so bad for him. And that SOB that swindled him......what goes around, come around!!!!!

Thats the short version of the story, thanks for letting me vent off!!
You know, I bet you it was the same guy who screwed me over, except mine was for $2,300. I just sent in the chargeback papers to my CC Company yesterday.

~Fred
Old 12-23-2006, 12:55 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

mygt500 that was cool of you to say and youknow what I believe you would if you could because Ive really met some awesome people on this forum. Yeah we may have our share of this smart asses on here but the majority of the forum members are just great people. I think its our stangs that make us so cool!!! lol

FredTT OMG I sure hope not!!!!!!!!!! I hate to hear thishas happened to another person. The good thing is that you used your credit card, my son paid with a cash money transfer! What really sucked was when I was making a report with the Miami Dade Sheriff Department the detective told me that Miami is leading right now in fraud crime. I told her I knew we would never see the money again but I just want to get this guy so he doesnt do it again and she told me....."oh you are not the first person this guy has got and unfortunately he will bedoing this again to someone else".........just made me sick to my stomach. If you dont mind me asking, was the guy in Florida? Was this on Ebay? If it was on Ebay I would love to see the item number. Please PM me if you can. Thanks
Old 12-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Stormbringer
2nd Gear Member

Was the cash transfer done through your bank? Did he use paypal? If so have you filed a claim with paypal's buyer protection? Do you have fraud protection from your bank? A friend of mine got screwed for 500 bucks on a video card for his PC on ebay. He called his bank and their fraud protection policy refunded all his money.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:10 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

You'll still have a great Christmas and better peace of mind knowing that you helped your son out through this whole situation. Merry Christmas Stowe!!!!