Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno'd Today and......

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Default Dyno'd Today and......

Actually ran a little lean. 15% through the entire RPM band. 15% isn't at all bad, but not to good either. got the car to its proper A/F ratio in like 5 minutes with mySCT tuner, and actually gained 10 more HP out of it when we droped the lean condition from 15 to its proper A/Fratiobetween 12.5 and 13. Got it Dyno'd at JOE HECK RACING in Lakewood NJ. Awesome Staff and Shop!!
http://www.joeheckracing.comhere are some pics, I'll post my dyno sheet as soon as I can get my stupid scanner to work. for some reason I can get it to scan, but it won't save it toany of my files [:'(].

The lessonI learned, Even with the GMS CAI re-calibrated MAF sensor, and Brenspeed tunes, still doesn't mean its OK. Now don't get me wrong, LOVE GMS, & especially LOVE BRENSPEED!!, and will continue to buy from BOTH of them without Hesitation!, but the point... because every car is some what different, except for the fact that these new stangs are sooo... touchy to air flow changes, that anyone with a CAI &Tuner or No Tuner, should get Dyno'd to check A/F raitos

287.57 WHRP
292.83WTQ

Old 12-27-2006, 12:15 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno'd Today and......

Thanks for the good info .... ive had the gms intake and i was waiting to install it then read some things about it and actually pmd you about it i think .... but i installed it yesterday but i talked to brenspeed and they just said change the sensor ... so i just took it out and put the stock maf in it ... then installed the tune .... runs great imo just drove it for a few minutes though because it started to rain again
Old 12-27-2006, 01:24 AM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

Yep, that was me you had PM'ed WhiteStallion06. Now BrenSpeed had told me I could leave the re-calbrated MAF sensor in or use the stock one, and basicly told me it would be just easier to leave the GMS senor in, but it was up to me, so I left the GMS one in. This sort of threw a red flag with me after thinking about it, because then I was under the impression that the GMSre-calibrated MAF sensor from what I was understanding,was basicly just tricking the computer to thinking that A/F ratios where nomal. then after listening to a few people postings on this site, that the GMS sensor is suppose to "re-calbrate" the the cars computer to compinsate for the new air flow readings, so if thats true, my next question was, then how is Brenspeed able to tunearound this with or with-out the re-calbrated sensor?? still don't understand the GMS Senor at all, to this day [sm=smiley5.gif]. Then I started to see posting of others with the GMS CAI, running lean and some at engine damaging numbers [:'(]. Thats when I decided to have it Dyno'd and checked out.Now 15% isn't bad, its when you start hitting A/F leaning conditions of 16 to 17+ is when it can cause problems.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:06 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

I thought you were just going to get the GMS CAI because you weren't going to mod a lot[8D]
Old 12-27-2006, 11:49 AM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Nice numbers. yeah, to me anything over 14.1 AF isn't good, 16-17 is really really bad.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

I thought you were just going to get the GMS CAI because you weren't going to mod a lot[8D]
LOL, yeah, I'll also blame GMS also for giving me the Mod bug as well, inwhich I just found out theres no cure for...[sm=smiley17.gif]
Old 12-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Gman13
3rd Gear Member

So Quick S... what did you do? Did you take the GMS MAF out or did you tune with it in?

I just got the GMS CAI and am thinking about a tune as well.

Old 12-27-2006, 09:40 PM
LBJay
1st Gear Member

Just want to clarify... was the lean A/Fcondition with just the GMS intake/MAF (no tune) or the GMS intake/MAF with the Brenspeed tune?

Old 12-28-2006, 12:37 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

id just put the stock MAF back inthe GMS cai is great but the sensor is just wacky idk it works great without a tune but with its kinda shady
Old 12-28-2006, 02:17 AM
Quick S
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gman13

So Quick S... what did you do? Did you take the GMS MAF out or did you tune with it in?
Joe Heck, was able to tune it with GMS re-calibrated sensor in.

ORIGINAL: LBJay

Just want to clarify... was the lean A/Fcondition with just the GMS intake/MAF (no tune) or the GMS intake/MAF with the Brenspeed tune?
The lean condition was with the GMS CAI and the BrenSpeed tune. unfortinatly, I didn't dyno before theBrespeed SCT tunes, so I can't say if the condition was good, bad, or the same before the tune.The place I had my Dyno done, The tuner told me thatanother S197 owner with just the GMS CAI kit is scheleduled to do a dyno run as well to checkhis A/F ratio the first week of Jan. So I'lltry to find out what hes running and post back some info.

Quick Reply: Dyno'd Today and......