Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Worst Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:52 AM
Stewart
2nd Gear Member

Default My Worst Nightmare

So I bring in my car today to get the tokico's installed which I'm excited about. I also brought it in for a driveshaft vibration another dealer refused to fix and went with a ride with a tech who immediately said they would overnight a driveshaft to get it put in. I leave the dealership as happy as can be... until later on I get a call saying someone backed into my car while the a technician was moving it.

To make matters worse not only is Monday New Years day, for which the dealership is closed, I was planning to drive my car across the country back to school on Tuesday. Now they don't know when the front bumper will get in or how long it will take to get painted and installed. Even more annoying is I have to leave on Tuesday to get back to school otherwise it means no car for me for a while. Needless to say I'm a little pissed off at the whole situation.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:02 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My Worst Nightmare

Aww man that sucks. I can't imagine how that phone call went...

Ford guy: "Hi there! Unfortunately we have some bad news. We're not sure when that bumper you wanted is going to be coming in, but we'll get on it as soon as it gets here!"
You: "Uhhhh....bumper? You mean driveshaft, right......RIGHT??"
Ford guy: <long pause> "...oh, I'm sorry sir, I assumed you brought your car in for a replacement bumper, seeing as how yours is completely screwed"
You: "What the **** do you mean?!"
Ford guy: <another long pause> "...oh, right...my supervisor just informed me of the situation. Apparently WE did that to your bumper! That's OUR BAD!"
You: <colorful bits go here>

[&:][&:]
Old 12-28-2006, 03:52 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

dude i would get on the phone with the owner of the dealership and get hollerin....
Old 12-28-2006, 04:04 AM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Dang man that seriously sucks.... I would be livid. I know it was an accident, but dam, the last place I'd expect my car to get in an accident is the freakin dealership lol....geeeese....can you drive your car like it is and have it fixed wherever you go to school at ?
Old 12-28-2006, 06:41 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Ahh man.... that sucks. I'd be T-N-T Pissed!! Of all the places to have your car get hit... ford is the last thing you expect... I'm sorry bro! How bout when you get there you just punch the guy in the face that did it.. bet that makes you feel a little better... lol.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:28 AM
2oo5stang
3rd Gear Member

Tell them you have to leave and need a bumper, painted and installed now, even if they have to take another bumper off of one of their GT's in thedealer lot, sand it, prep it, and paint it to your cars color and then tell them to stick your busted bumper up their a$$.

Damn dude, that really sucks.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:12 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

They should give you another Mustang to drive.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:55 AM
KdF
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

They should give you another Mustang to drive.

+1
Old 12-28-2006, 11:11 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

There was recently a story on my local news where a guy had special ordered a $200,000 Mercedes from Europe. The car was flown in from Germany and sent to the dealership for prep. After unpacking it, checking it over, and giving it a new wax job the dealership loaded it up on a flatbed to deliver to the customer. Somehow, the driver managed to FLIP THE TRUCKwhen he was turning out ofthe dealership....totalling the brand new car which didn't even have 1 mile on it yet!!
Old 12-28-2006, 11:28 AM
WHT DVL

My buddy works in the parts department @ Gullo-Ford, and they had just unloaded a S281-E when a lady in an Excursion backed right over the hood and screwed the whole front end up.

Quick Reply: My Worst Nightmare