Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration FIXED FINALLY

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 01:10 PM
needforspeed3
1st Gear Member

Default Vibration FIXED FINALLY

Guy's
The o6 gt is back at ford today 2 time for the same thing a vibriation between 72 to 75 mph. First time the rebalanced the tires this time they are ordering new tires. Is anyone else having this problem?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 12-28-2006, 02:22 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Vibration

Is the vibration in the steering wheel or the seat?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:25 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

My 06 had the vibration......TIRES! Ironically, I have an 05 F150 that had the same problem.....TIRES....I'm wishing Ford would kiss and make-up with Firestone. I think they're the only company right now that's trying to make quality tires, they had to after all the bad publicity.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:30 PM
bascho
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gatkins94

My 06 had the vibration......TIRES! Ironically, I have an 05 F150 that had the same problem.....TIRES....I'm wishing Ford would kiss and make-up with Firestone. I think they're the only company right now that's trying to make quality tires, they had to after all the bad publicity.
Would you forgive your girlfriend if she cutYOUR **** off? As Austin Powers would say, "that train has sailed."

I've been happy with my Pirelli's
Old 12-28-2006, 02:50 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bascho

ORIGINAL: gatkins94

Would you forgive your girlfriend if she cutYOUR **** off? As Austin Powers would say, "that train has sailed."

I've been happy with my Pirelli's
HELL no......and my wife probably would be upset too!!!! that's funny!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:10 PM
needforspeed3
1st Gear Member

Vibation is in the rear. You can acutally watch the passengers seat start to shake at 72 to 75. Above or below those speeds it's fine.Dealer want's to try tires first. I think it's a driveshat or rear gear issue. If
your cruising at 75 and stick it in neutral vib is still there. Any advice is welcome.
Steve
Old 12-28-2006, 07:15 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: needforspeed3

Vibation is in the rear. You can acutally watch the passengers seat start to shake at 72 to 75. Above or below those speeds it's fine.Dealer want's to try tires first. I think it's a driveshat or rear gear issue. If
your cruising at 75 and stick it in neutral vib is still there. Any advice is welcome.
Steve
i had that same problem with my 95 V6 stang. could never get it fixed.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Have them rotate the tires, see if the vibration moves to the front. If no change, you could be right on the driveshaft vibration.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:35 PM
needforspeed3
1st Gear Member

New tires problem is still there. Talked to owner of the dealship and he said it's inherant to the mustang.
I say BS.Talking about buying it back. Not cool I want the car fixed what should I do?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-09-2007, 05:59 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Mustangs all have some kind of shimmy. My Mach had it after untold attempts at roadforce balancing on Michelin tires. This 06 has it with the stock Pirellis, and now with the Michelins. I even removed all my rotor clips, no change. Its goes with the territory of a light Ford. Try roadforce balancing, but remember these are not a Lexus.

Quick Reply: Vibration FIXED FINALLY