Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Starting to wish I never bought my Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:02 PM
notsotipykal
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Starting to wish I never bought my Mustang

Sorry about your experience. My FORD dealer did the exact OPPOSITE of you. I was treated like a KING.

Anyone in Illinois looking fora FORD dealer, go to WICKSTROM FORD and ask for Pat....

mathew
Old 12-28-2006, 07:02 PM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

Well I just completed the VIN search..
There is a name before mine in the registry section. Apparently it was registered to someone at the begining of August for aone year term. The address for the person is not the address of the dealership and is in fact a few cities away It lists the secured party as Key West Ford, which I would assume to be who held the lease, and the base debtor of this other person. My guess is they defaulted on the lease or returned it after a couple of months.

I'm flabbergasted.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:04 PM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xbone

Ooffff, they put the wham on you. Gt/CS's here sold for 29-30k. Then they stiffed you to boot. I paid 25k for a leftover GT premium auto trans. brand new. Makes me think my dealer deserves a medal, just for doing their job.
30k USD is going to be around 38k CDN, then add in the double tax whammy, delivery charges, etc. and you will hit ~42k.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:12 PM
pedersenkirk

ORIGINAL: VanGTCS

Yes, I'm in the Vancouver area, New Westminster to be exact. I bought it from Key West Ford. The other dealer I went to for pricing on tire pressure monitors was Coastal Ford on Lougheed Highway. I can't say I would or wouldn't recommend Coastal, but I personally didn't get the greatest vibe from them, but that could just be from feeling burned by Key West.
Key West tried to completely screw me when I wanted to buy a GT from them. They offered me a ridiculously low trade in and tried to mess with me with regard to the Ford family pricing back in the summer time. The sales manager there is an absolute crook, and most of the sales people there have no idea what they're talking about with regard to the Mustang.

As soon as I heard your story, the first dealer that clicked into my head was Key West. A friend of mine had a bad experience there too when he was trying to buy a new truck. Eventually, a few months later, with that bad taste in my mouth still lingering, I went to Dams Ford out here in Surrey, and after a bit of negotiating, I was able to get my car, which I am very satisfied with.

Since then, I've been rear-ended and had a warranty repair issue with the car, and they've always treated me with great respect and kindness, not like a sucker with Key West. I'd stay away from Hallmark Ford's shop though, for everything they fix, they loosen one more bolt, if you know what I mean.

I'd definitely recommend Dams if you're out this way, it's a good dealer to go to for repairs and maintenance. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience though, it seems like for every good Ford dealer experience, there's a few bad ones.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
silver2006
1st Gear Member

i gave the dealer i bought the car from a bad survey. the dealer didn't like it one bit. they said ford comes down on them really hard about it. the dealer wasn't going to replace a window they scratched after they found out about the survey, but i had it in writing so they had to. won't get my busness anymore. 2nd survey wasn'tmuch better. so maybe ford will give your dealer a "good talking to".
Old 12-28-2006, 10:03 PM
StangNeWbieDJB
2nd Gear Member

There is a name before mine in the registry section. Apparently it was registered to someone at the begining of August for aone year term. The address for the person is not the address of the dealership and is in fact a few cities away It lists the secured party as Key West Ford, which I would assume to be who held the lease, and the base debtor of this other person. My guess is they defaulted on the lease or returned it after a couple of months.

I'm flabbergasted.
Sorry, a little slow here...
So, that means they BS'd you and told you that they were selling you anew car when in fact it was used???? HOLY CRAP DUDE!!! LAWSUITE??????
Old 12-28-2006, 10:16 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

I'm flabbergasted.

If this is true and you haveproof, you should be able to get a refund. If they misrepresented the vehicle by selling it as a demo, then you did not get a "new" car. They should have disclosed to youthat you were purchasing a"used" vehicle.I know in the states that if the dealer registers the vehicle, it is then used, even if the original buyer brings it back the next day. I don't know whatagencies you have in Canada to protect your rights as a consumer, butthat is whereI would start.

If you do keep it, the dealer you bought it from should be responsible to fix anything that is not on your vehicle. They said it was new, and if it came out with the wheel sensors then you should not have to pay more to get them back. Do you have the original window sticker? If so, I would demand what is listed on it. Then stop doing business with them.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:25 PM
VanGTCS
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangNeWbieDJB
Sorry, a little slow here...
So, that means they BS'd you and told you that they were selling you anew car when in fact it was used???? HOLY CRAP DUDE!!! LAWSUITE??????
That was my thought as well. My wife called them after I did the VIN search and now they say that it was on "reserve" for someone else, but they never picked it up. Why would they sign vehicle registration over to someone when it's being "reserved"?

Car manufacture date was 06/06, like I said in my previous post the previous owner took possession Aug 7 and I bought it Nov 1. I find it impossible to believe that a GT/CS can sit on a lot, right up front for almost 3 months and the salesmen don't notice it. And oh yeah, it miraculously gets 3500KM on it in the time being. Maybe I'm just being too logical, but I think someone leased it Aug 7, put 3500KM on it over the course of the almost 3 months and it got repossessed. It explains the aftermarket rims on the car and it explains why the original Bullit rims are nowhere to be found.

I wanted to have them charged with fraud, but my wife does not and it's been a point of argument all afternoon. The dealership has offered her a free first service and has offered to fix the tire pressure monitor problem, so she thinks that they are "trying hard to put things right" and I should accept their "generous" offers. I on the other hand feel they've just commited a crime and should be charged for it. Finally I just gave up arguing with her about it. The car is now hers and I want nothing to even do with it anymore. I won't drive it, I won't ride in it, I won't even wash it. We'll probably end up arguing about it for the days and weeks to come however.

I'd call Ford over it, but like they'd really care.

I'd really like to thank those of you who have offered words of support and encouragement. Even though things seem to be spiraling more and more out of control with this situation, the support from you all has made me feel that I'm right and they really have done me wrong.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:42 PM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

VanGTCS,

Glad my post made you consider doing the VIN search. A dealer tried to sell me an 06 GT vert with almost 3000 mles on it - driven by a woman sales manager daily. They would not come down on the price and I would not pay what they wanted for what they would offer me about $6000 less as a trade if I just drove it off the lot and back. They said it was considered a new car until it was titled.

Sounds like your dealer really did a number on you if they did sell you a previously titled car as new. If this did happen, a decent lawyer should be able to get your money back if that is what you want or at least a large refund.(if necessary - I would call Ford Corporate first)

Also, if they did sell you a previously titled car as new, that is fraud.

I know how your wife feels but IMHO you should consider consulting an attorney and describing what happened. Seems like they are too eager now to give you some things that cost them nothing to keep you from looking into it more - just sounds fishy. I am normally not one to suggest legal action but I think you have a very good chance at some deserved reimbursement if it is the case and also IMHO they should be prosecuted for it. Just my opinion. Whatever you decide - Good luck and let us know how things work out in the future.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:56 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

. Then within a month I don't even want to drive it anymore and am wishing that I hadn't bought it.
Dang, I know what you mean there. I got screwed on a private party Nissan Pathfinder that, when I started it the next morning I realized that the lifters were all clicking and needed adjustment. I put the truck into my garage for several days and would not drive it. I just wanted to shoot myself! When I did finally take it out, I drove it straight to an Oldsmobile dealer and traded it, loosing about 4 k in the process.

Try not to beat yourself up! I hope you get the happy feeling back, my GTCS is great!!!!

Quick Reply: Starting to wish I never bought my Mustang