Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tokico Shocks & Pro-Kit are here

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 07:45 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Default Tokico Shocks & Pro-Kit are here

Just got them today, I plan on installing them on Saturday. I have a basic idea on the install but there was no intructions, so can someone give me a quick rundown. Any other tips?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:00 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Tokico Shocks & Pro-Kit are here

front:

jack car up

remove tires

black jackstands under car (i put them where it has the cut outs on the rockerpanel) also keep the jack on support of the frame also from where you jacked it up.

take out the two bottom bolts of the strut, i believe theyre 18 or 19 or something, i cant remember... use of air tools make this VERY easy and takes less time.

the brake rotor will come lose, so support it by something. i put jackstand under it, the other one i put on a stool (lol)

it would be a good idea to have a helper here, take out the 4 nuts on the top and the spring/shock assmelby should just drop right out, youl have to manuever it to get it out.

now take your tokico and put the eibach springs on it, tighten everything up and put them back in (helper is great here also, to put the 4 nuts back ontop while you line it up.

the rears look easy as cake, jack it up, place jackstands under the rocker panel make sure theyre nice and firm and lined up right...

SLOWLY let down the jack make sure the jackstands are alright. just barely have the differential supported by the jackstand, take out the bolts for the strut on the bottom it should come off fairly easy... then grab the rear spring and wiggle and move and jerk it around untill it comes out, letting down on the jack even more could possible help. put the new springs in.

for the shock just unbolt the rest of it from the top i guess and replace it.

any questions, feel free to ask
Old 12-28-2006, 08:07 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Say, when you do this would you mind setting them all at full soft for your first test drive so you can have a reference point as to what full soft is, relative to OE. I'm trying to decide if full soft is going to make much of a difference here, not from a perspective of performance driving I know, but from a perspective of comfort and ride quality. I know going firmer will take care of the performance side but I'm trying to get a read on the full soft setting. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Say, when you do this would you mind setting them all at full soft for your first test drive so you can have a reference point as to what full soft is, relative to OE. I'm trying to decide if full soft is going to make much of a difference here, not from a perspective of performance driving I know, but from a perspective of comfort and ride quality. I know going firmer will take care of the performance side but I'm trying to get a read on the full soft setting. Thanks.
Sure, i'll give it a shot.
Old 12-28-2006, 10:08 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Plus if you can, rank the ease of the install from 1-10, I'm going to get these in the spring and I want to do it myself[8D]. (I'm not exactly the most experienced installer[&:])
Old 12-28-2006, 10:23 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

Plus if you can, rank the ease of the install from 1-10, I'm going to get these in the spring and I want to do it myself[8D]. (I'm not exactly the most experienced installer [&:])
Will do. I have like no experience working with cars, looks like an easy job though.

Kaldar142,
Did you have any trouble getting the front struts apart? Did you use a spring compressor?
Old 12-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Kaldar142
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

Plus if you can, rank the ease of the install from 1-10, I'm going to get these in the spring and I want to do it myself[8D]. (I'm not exactly the most experienced installer[&:])
Will do. I have like no experience working with cars, looks like an easy job though.

Kaldar142,
Did you have any trouble getting the front struts apart? Did you use a spring compressor?

no not really, use you have to use a spring compressor, and please becareful, it can be very dangerous having a compressed spring made to supporta 3000+lb vehicle shoot out.

its pretty straight forward stuff
Old 01-03-2007, 06:51 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

RevLefty, are they on yet???
Old 01-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

RevLefty, are they on yet???
Fronts are on. I ran out of time and am putting the rears on this saturday.