Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT vs V6-my comparison report

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:37 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

Default GT vs V6-my comparison report

Hey all, *****I AM NOT TRYING TO START A BATTLE HERE JUST GIVING MY OPINION*****
As you know, I have had my v6 for a while and have recently gotten a GT. I have been driving the v6 for about 9 months now. I have been driving the GT everyday for about 2 weeks or so. My final report is that I would rather have the v6. The v8 is a freakin gas guzzler. For that much gas itsucks down I think the car is not worth having. The v6 is quick enough and you can make it faster than a GT with a supercharger and comparing the MSRP, you can buy that with the leftover money between the v6 and GT and then buy possibly a suspension kit to make it handle the same if not better! Also, you will not have a noseheavy car...when shifting in the GT and just riding in it, I can feel that it is overall heavier. Yes the GT handles way better and is faster and rides better but comparing the two, the gas is too expensive and the car isn't fast enough for how much gas it sucks down, IMO. I would much rather have a well balanced car like the v6 and just supercharge it and throw on a suspension kit and have a better car....at least I think it would be. Plus, if you wanna be faster than the guy next to you at a stop light when the time comes, buy some kind of f/i for the v6 because in the mean time until that happens at a stop light with the GT, you will be getting crappy gas mileage.

=======please don't try to flame on me or anything, I am simply stating my opinion========
Old 12-30-2006, 01:46 AM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT vs V6-my comparison report

lol

wait til you put on a CAI and tune on that GT

you'll take your words back instantly
Old 12-30-2006, 01:48 AM
Nixtang
1st Gear Member

Hey man,

Just out of curoisity, what's the difference in gas mileage? The worst tank I've experienced was 17.5 mpg, and that's with my 4.10's. However, I'd say 70% of my mileage is highway miles.

Nick
Old 12-30-2006, 01:51 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Interesting take on this ... ill be honest gas gets me too esp with the 93 octane tune its expensive but when i go on longer trips its not bad but around town it sucks ,,,, and i dont drive to save gas by any means .. but your right

I have some opinions on this as well but dont want to start an online war with everyone ..so lets not turn this into something it doesnt need to be

But good post you raised some interesting points
Old 12-30-2006, 01:52 AM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Fair enough. There is a lot to be said for a V6 'Stang -- it's a great ride stock. All kinds of mods could be added to a V6 to up the power, etc., etc., but if you throw money at a car long enough, it will be faster / better than a GT. I do find it interesting how you complain about the GTs mileage, and in the next sentence mention that you would add a supercharger to the V6 (which, last time I checked, run at least $3,000) $3,000 buys a lot of gas, no?!

The comparison is stock for stock. They are both great cars, but the V6 is a car made for the masses who are looking for the Mustang legend, and save a few bucks in mileage and purchase price. The GT is more of a performance car, where mileage is sacrificed for performance. Both have their strong points.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:05 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

yea like I said guys, i respect you for not trying to battle or anything.

kenthicken- yea I was comparing the msrp...you spend 7 grand or so more on a GT (don't quote me) and with that leftover money if u got a v6 u could supercharge ur v6 i was saying.

yes I have heard of the tune and how it will wake the car up a ton. I just wanted to bring up some interesting points for people to see. i find that the gas mileage is pretty bad.......the computer says average 17.1 mpg and that can not be right by any means, at least I don't think.
I am actually getting rid of the GT....in my opinion it is just not worth it to have. I'm going to take the money and buy an STI after college and maybe turbo my v6. but not trying to start the domestic vs. import battle either.

with 4.10s...yea i mean i just stated what I think the gas mileage might be. I feel that the GT is a car that is for many people but it is just not for me.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

I considered a V6 for a while, but decided the difference in price and what I'd save in gas just wasn't worth it for what I'd give up V8-derived fun. I have gotten used to feeding my big, heavy Marauder premium fuel and averaging just under 18 MPG in mixed city/highway driving, so the Mustang GT actually seems rather efficient to operate. Maybe I'll feel differently if/when gas gets to $4/gal, but right now feeding my two V8 muscle cars just does not bother me. I knew what I was getting into when I bought them. I smile every time I fire up either of my 4.6 V8s. That said, I certainly would not bash anybody for choosing the V6 Mustang. In some ways I like the V6's styling better than the GT's, and the price is very attractive. If I was doing it all again and I only had $20k - $22k to spend I'd snap up a V6 'Stang in a heartbeat.
Old 12-30-2006, 02:49 AM
FordDude
2nd Gear Member

Gas milage means nothing to me. [sm=violin.gif]What I cannot give up is the sound of a V8, I cannot wait until I get my Ford Racing mufflers on my GT. [sm=bounceybounce.gif]Of the 5 Fords that I own or drive my Mustang is the most economical to drive. [sm=gears.gif]fd
Old 12-30-2006, 02:56 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

thanks guys for your input, its good to see what other people think too
Old 12-30-2006, 02:58 AM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

One Word: V8

And gas isnt to bad for me at all. but whatever floats your boat.

Quick Reply: GT vs V6-my comparison report