Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fords Warranty & Service Center SUCKS...

Old 12-30-2006, 07:58 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Fords Warranty & Service Center SUCKS...

ORIGINAL: ohfiveride

telke1 i have THE EXACT problem with that noise..sounds like loose metal ratling when i take of around 3 -4 grand.............i thought it wasa engine knock or something but i dont think it is....i had a guy look under the car while i was getting new tires...we were feeling for loose pipiing or anythinng under there but couldnt fing it...i have slp loudmouths and figured the hangers were not tight enough....i just switched back to my stock exhuast yesterday so i will see if the porblem went away....i never go to the dealer for anything...just a pain in the ***

My car made the same noise. Figured out it was the tabs for the rear bumper cover vibrating from the exhaust. Installed some weatherstrip adhisive and it went away. You can hear it with aftermarket exhaust because of the tone difference I think.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MineralGreyMustang

Well my car electricalis ford says my indash tv did it ..... also my a/c not working right they never looked at it
also my suspension has a problem they said they couldnt find the problems and my GAS TANK DOESNT LET ME PUMP GAS properley ...Ford's Reply they cant find a problem .... even tho ford knows the gas tank problem is a TSB matter fact he actually gave me the TSB papers proving its a problem but not a recall they manager claims he belives me but just cant find the problem......... me and 1million customers will never fix there gas tank unless your Screwing the Service Manager hopefuly she's a girl
This is a very good testament as to why NOT to mod your car while under warranty. It gives the dealership enough reasons not to want tofix anything.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:37 PM
shaners90lxhatch
3rd Gear Member

Interesting, gentlemen. I got a call from a tech on Thursday about this very noise. He said the vehicle he was working on was stock......who knows for sure, but anyways.......(I will get back to this subject in a moment)..... he was 100% sure it was coming from the catalyst eventhough he could not recreate the noise in the shop or by hitting the cat with a mallet. He said it only happens after the vehicle has run for a while but it won't happen when it's really hot....
Long story short I recommended, based on HIS information, that he should replace the H pipe. I will hunt that report down on Tuesday and find out how it goes. I will TRY to keep you guys informed on the results. PERHAPS there is an issue with them coming loose. There is a really nasty and PITA TSB out for Crown Vic's and twins about catalyst rattle. They are not the same components but may be made from the same supplier or in the same manner.
Because of how the exhaust shields are attached to the body and not the pipes or hangers, it was difficult for him to believe he noise was coming from them. "There are no signs of contact"..... well....... perhaps the sheilds are contacting the body......... All I can do is lead a horse to water man, I can't make him drink. Sooooo I gave his gut a shot at a fix.

My other point:
You must not only consider how difficult it is to diagnose/repair an intermittent problem, but if your modifications could possibly contribute to the complaint (especiallyif the tech hears a rattlefrom the resonance of your loud exhaust), they have the right to say eiher "return it to stock and we will evaluate further", or "we can't find anything wrong at this time.....so take a VDR or a rental or yourown car back until we can", or even "this isbeing considered a normal vehice characteristic". And YES
2005-2007Mustangs that are built after4/05 or have had the tank TSB performed may have a characteristic repeat shutoff of some refueling stationsespecially atfuel levels 1/2 tankor more.
Sorry.Its the truth.There are more things than the design that contribute to this, but if the dealer does not tell you this after confirming that there is no 1)Obstruction of fuel flow through the filler neck AND 2) No excessive pressure building in the tank/EVAP system - THAT DEALER IS MAKING A MISTAKE. Its just one of those things.All vehicles from all manufacturers struggle with things like this. Unfortunately, this paticular issuehappens to be one that EVERYONE will likely notice, therefore making itmuch more of a concern.
"Compare to a like unit.." Thatreallysays it all when it comes to this subject
Dealers are NOT supposed to make repairs unless the diagnosis has been confirmed. This is stretched WAYYY out in the sake of customer sat anddealership revenue every day. The dealer can do whatever they or the customer wants when it comes to customer pay jobs, but when the manufacturer is writing the checks, they shoud conform to certain policies. When it all boils down, even this is NOT the case! You can't fathom how many parts are swagged at cars with little or no confirmation that the're bad in the name of customer sat. YOU want a repair made or won't be happy. You won't be happy if that repair is unsuccessful or takes too much time to diagnose. You then will be even more unhappy and spiteful when you bring the vehicle back and scold the people for making a mistake. Then the tech is back to square one. MEANWHILE thousands of $$$$'s in parts and tech laborare thrown at your automobile courtesy of the people who made it; all because the technican hired by the service manager (and in absolutely NOOOO way authorized or approved by the manufacturer) did not know what he was doing. In their defense, there IS training they have to do but, again, "You can only lead a horse to water..."
The other hypothetical goes like this: "I'm sorry {ma'am / sir}, but we are unable to recreate the event you described and unfortunately are not able to make a repair at this time. There are a few options you can consider {may not apply in all situations}. You may take this recorder that shouldcapture data during the next event and possibly provide a direction for further diag, you may take a rental so we can have more time or you may come back later when the concern is less intermittent."
Put yourself back in your business mode and make a responsible decision that equally protectsBOTH parties and the right answer is not toohard to see IMO.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:07 PM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

You there not covering my radio ofcourse so i have to get sound advice to work on rewiring it to not blow the fuse again , But what i dont understand is my god fix my FuKin Gas tank there such assss*** holes there .. And it's a TSB if im having the problems fix it .... they say if it isn't a recall we cant fix it SomeBody what should i do to prove to them that this problem Happens Frequently and i cannot pump gas i want it fixed before my warranty goes out and it gets worst then i have to PAY from the pocket....$$$$

My Suggestion Never Pay For a extended Warranty ... If a warranty comes with the car gr8 Dont go out of your way to EXTEND IT they dont fix anything anyways FORD must make10million dollars a year just on extended warranty's and 50,000 billion etc ... But the only thing they will fix out of 4 problems including Electric Short Suspenion TICKING ..... and....gas tank problems.////// they will only REPLACE$20.00 set of door handles ... that i requested to be replace my god ... this **** sucks royal i hate ford i will never own a car again from them i love my car hate the warrany and the service and the dealer and the word F.O.R.D fuc.k ford and **** there mothers ...
Old 12-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Slickryan

Wow, I feel sorry for all u guys with these problems. So far I've had a strange noise coming from the rear when turning, which ford fixed by replacing axle bearings, spare no expense. I had a wheel well get damaged while driving, ford fixed it, spare no expense. And finally I had a fuel pump go bad recently, which once again ford replaced....spare no expense!
I guess I'm gonna stick with this dealership for a while, they sound really good after everything i've just read.
Just thought I would let you guys know there IS HOPE of finding a dealer that will work with you. Happy New Year.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Slickryan

Oh, btw, quick fix for the gas tank. Turn that nozzle upside down when filling up...LMK how that works out for ya...
Old 12-31-2006, 12:18 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I also have the rattle at about 3K. It has nothing to do with the axle backs as I had it before and after changing them. It only is there when the car is still cold and not after it has been running for awhile. And I can hear it whether or not I shift around that point. So if anybody can actually find out what this is that would be terrific!

I did take mine in for the emergency brake TSB and that was fixed no problem!
Old 12-31-2006, 12:25 AM
TinPony
3rd Gear Member

I feel for you pal.... but that don't resolve your problem..... The nicer you treat them the nicer they treat you....... even though you will be "blowin smoke"... it helps get it fixed
Old 12-31-2006, 12:57 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

U Ra newbie, that just joined our forum less than a week ago, (and owning an '05)
I wonder... did you buy this car used ? If you bought it new, you certainly should have found this forum quite some time ago.
Really, your point is to "bash" FORD, and the terrible experience you've had at an unknown dealership.
I think you bought a used '05, and purchased an extended warranty, you then felt everything "under the sun" was covered by the extended warranty. Including your ghetto-in-dash TV. WTF is that about ?
Just by reading your post, I can understand why the dealership treated you the way they did.
Nuff sed.........
Old 12-31-2006, 01:24 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I think he is talking about a Z1 if I remember his specs and previous posts. And that is not a "ghetto-in-dash TV" I have one that I installed myself and have not had any problems with it. But you shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. He is "bashing" FORD but he does have some reason for it. You would beupset if this was happening to you and you would look for a way to vent your frustration.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fords Warranty & Service Center SUCKS...