Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fords Warranty & Service Center SUCKS...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 01:34 AM
frzn pony
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Fords Warranty & Service Center SUCKS...

If the car is under its basic warrenty they have to fix the gas tank,....Mine had the same problem and they tank replacement fixed it. as for the other problems...your S.O.L.I bet the dash harness is a couple hundred bucks,and from what I see I bet it pulls out as a unit...maybe 2-3 hrs to remove.swap out the dash harness and about 2 hrs to put it back in.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:36 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I agree if they have to pull that thing out it won't be fun.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:46 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED
Nuff sed.........
What a TROLL.............
Old 12-31-2006, 01:47 AM
GS2006

To: 05MineralGreyMustang

It's obvious that NO Auto Manufacturer would be able to satisfy you. Your attitudetowards Ford makes me want to Puck. Maybe you should just go buy some other make of vehicle, that way they can put up with your rotten attitude.
Old 12-31-2006, 02:03 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GS2006

To: 05MineralGreyMustang

It's obvious that NO Auto Manufacturer would be able to satisfy you. Your attitudetowards Ford makes me want to Puck. Maybe you should just go buy some other make of vehicle, that way they can put up with your rotten attitude.
If you have owned a few cars in your lifetime and know what a "STEALERSHIP" is all about, not "ALL" but many..................and you purchased a vehicle for some major amounts of money and paid for a extended warranty and all you get is **** on..............you would be crying the same tune.....................flame me, do what you like................same with legally torched boy!!!

05MineralGreyMustang is saying nothing toward you personally, so have no need to personally attack him!!!

I am sure your last name is not FORD..........................
Old 12-31-2006, 04:17 AM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

I never treated the dealer ship with disrespect i Explained my problem in detail and in a gent Toned voice Dont get it twisted im not as.s hole i just got mad now that im home thinking about my car being there for 3 days and bringing it home to collect dust becuz they never fixed any thing....i mean what do they expect you buy a mustang your not allowed to put a CAI a indash tv People today buy Car worth over 100,000 dollars like BMW JAG MERCEDES BENTLEY ,,,, Etc. and customized and put in dash tv's ppl act so surprised like o you put a tv that ****tty you screwed the warrany my god like i went and put pink vulooor in my car ??? my dad used to own a mercedes had someproblems had some aftermarket parts always fixed his problem at the dealer the diffrence is Mercedes Respects there owners FORD Fu.cks there owner fuc,k ford....
any one who doesn't agree with me when YOU have a problem with your car and need to take it in for service you'll remember me then ....
(with or without mods) you will have a hard time..
!!!!
Old 12-31-2006, 04:46 AM
doode
3rd Gear Member

Your typing skills / grammar blows.
Learn how to type for crying out loud.

2nd, go back to whoever installed your indash unit and have them look at it.
You didn't go into the specifics as to whatpart of your electrical system doesn't work, but it may be as simple as something as a fuse.

For suspension, the dealership may not get it the 1st time you take it there.
It took Ford 3 seperate tries before they traced a suspension thunk back to my rear brake pads.

As for the gas tank, tell the TSB thats out for it and go from there.

All else fails, go to a different dealership.

Old 12-31-2006, 05:32 AM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

Man this is a tough one. Having in the past for 10 years turning a wrench, the crap I have seen with aftermarket items. The real b!tch is it's almost always not the item, TV, re-mote start etc. But a sloppy install that creates the problems. Wire harness's pushed to make room for aftermarket wiring into pinch and cut pionts.
That being siad I worked for the following NEW car dealers. Honda, Acura, Ford, and Volvo. Ford does have some issues putting thier cars together sometimes and the amount of TSB's Ford puts out in a year exceeds what Honda has ever put. Havem for both still piled in a side box.
Ford shops are almost always Union Mechanic (my X Union you want to hear some b!tching) and can vary greatly from one dealer to another. GO TO ANOTHER DEALER!your warranty works that way! When I bought my GT I got to know my saleman very well. He was an ex-wrench himself but like us all his back and knees crapped out. If I have a problem I will go to him first. I will stop in talk with him a while bring some coffee and walk back with him to the servcie dept and let him take the lead talking to the servcie rep. Work it a little. Also have you contacted the factory rep for you area? At on dealer the customer politely called the rep everyday at about the third week he cam to the shop got all the master techs together and put them all on the car just to make the calls stop. It worked sticking oil pressure fuel pump relay cutout.

Goodluck and I hope you find solutions to your problems

Vista 06 GT Convertable
Old 12-31-2006, 06:08 AM
05MineralGreyMustang
1st Gear Member

Ok let me break this down one more time, Ford sucks period the dealer i love my car...i hate the dealer alot of you'r replies are helpful on here and thanks to the positive ppl that respond aprioate has for the other's that just insult go to bed...

Over all look

1) Electrical Problem , i will just have to goto Sound Advice and rewire the Equipments . Ok this can be solved

2) Gas Tank , Ok this cant be solve unless i pay for a hole new gas tank and install it... i cant pump gas without getting a hand cramp
it automaticly shuts off like 47 times before becoming a full tank maybe more no joke....

3) My Suspenion still makes annoying noise when turning . No its not my power steering pump Suspenion Clicks Sort of?

Well 2 -3 will not be fix so the Dealer told me BUTTT... number 2 is a TSB ... they still wont fix even though they are aware that number 2 is a TSB.

When The jerks that replied Earlier Quote "Your attitude torge ford makes me want to PUCK" Unquote Lets see what you think when something happens to your car and ford doesnt FIX it ..... i cant wait.....
Old 12-31-2006, 11:57 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05MineralGreyMustang

Well my car electrical is f*****ed ford says my indash tv did it ..... also my a/c not working right they never looked at it
also my suspension has a problem they said they couldnt find the problems and my GAS TANK DOESNT LET ME PUMP GAS properley ...Ford's Reply they cant find a problem .... even tho ford knows the gas tank problem is a TSB matter fact he actually gave me the TSB papers proving its a problem but not a recall they manager claims he belives me but just cant find the problem......... me and 1million customers will never fix there gas tank unless your Screwing the Service Manager hopefuly she's a girl
Gas Tank:
The problem with not being able to pump gas into the tank at warp speed has to do with the gas tank Vent Filter.(located at the rear of the car under that big plastic cover). It should be removed, cleaned out with compressed air or replaced or taken out all together. I havent done mine yet........waiting for warmer weather.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

Suspension:
If your talking about thumping sound coming from the passenger side front. The sway bar rod end has not been torqued to specs. (I eliminated my front sway altogether)
If your talking about the tail end of the car sounding like there is a bunch of stuff bouncing around in the trunk when you go over bumps then you will have to replace the piece of crap shocks and possibly the springs. I installed the new Steeda Stock Shocks on my car a few days ago and I'm satisfied with the results. Way smoother ride. The next thing to go will be the front and rear springs.

Electrical:
Sorry man...........cant help ya there.

Quick Reply: Fords Warranty & Service Center SUCKS...