Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Springs! Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 04:44 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Lowering Springs! Need Help!!

I just did the springs and it's been 2+ years car rides like a dream handles better then stock look cooler lowered and no problems with shocks or anything else.

You will need a adjustable pan head bar atleast because when you lower the car your back axel will shift about an inch to the drivers side and if you have larger tires like I did it will stick out past the fender and will not corner very nice at all!!!

I guess it really comes down to how much $$$ you want to put into it if you post a budget I am sure we can give a more detailed shopping/price list.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:16 PM
Boss919
2nd Gear Member

I just installed my Eibach Pro Kit and I like the ways it sits now. The ride quality is better, it doesn't have any of that rear spongy feeling when your ripping through the gears. My next mod is the adj. panhard bar and adj. lca from Spohn. I think they are the best for the money.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46964/6DB373992F6F428688BAAD1B0BA92FBF.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-31-2006, 06:48 PM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

What isan adjustable Pan head bar that is needed?
Old 12-31-2006, 07:02 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

the panhard bar acts like a lateral control arm. one end is hooked to your rear end on the driver's side. the other is hooked to the body on the passenger side. when you lower the body, the passenger side of the bar lowers as well, effectively lengthening the bar because you change it's angle. that lengthening pushes the rear toward the driver's side. an adjustable panhard bar let's you shorten it, pulling it back over where it belongs. different springs affect it differently. some mustangs have even been found to have the rear as much as .5 inch off center from the FACTORY.

for what it's worth, while under mine over the last week I was DISGUSTED with the factory brace for the panhard bar. Cheap stamoed crap. i highly recommend a better brace. they are relatively inexpensive. I believ they are under $100. mine was provided by my sponsor.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:15 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Do the eibach pro-kits and tokico D-specs. Don't listen to anyone telling you to do the springs only. I learned the hard way and then had to go back and pay additional installation to add the tokico adj struts. The stock struts will not give you a decent ride with lowering springs.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:22 PM
lynwood78
3rd Gear Member

4. camber bolts/ alignment.

IS it really that necessary to get these? I was looking to get a set of this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...0386686&rd=1,1 This is my last mod to at least complete my suspension mod.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:26 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I guess that depends on what you consider decent.

Don't listen to anyone that tells you not to listen.

ORIGINAL: sandy

Do the eibach pro-kits and tokico D-specs. Don't listen to anyone telling you to do the springs only. I learned the hard way and then had to go back and pay additional installation to add the tokico adj struts. The stock struts will not give you a decent ride with lowering springs.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:30 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Those are called camber plates and i wouldn't waste my money on them. You can get a set of camber bolts for $30.

ORIGINAL: lynwood78

4. camber bolts/ alignment.

IS it really that necessary to get these? I was looking to get a set of this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...686&rd=1,1 This is my last mod to at least complete my suspension mod.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:29 PM
sandy
2nd Gear Member

Your absolutely right. I mis-spoke. What I should have said is "my experience has been........".
Old 01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

I just had FRPP 1.5 springs installed only. Did not buy camb plates or camb bolts; did not replace stock struts or shocks and I have no complaints. I dont think 1.5 drop is going to be drastic enough that you would need to replace all the other stock front suspension parts. When my car was aligned, it was aligned pretty good without the need for the camb bolts but I was told that the camb bolts would make the aligment more "dead-on" then without. Honestly, I havent noticed an impact. Just my .02 cents

Quick Reply: Lowering Springs! Need Help!!