Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

UPDATE: My men came through for me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 04:56 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: UPDATE: My men came through for me!!!

1+
Old 01-03-2007, 05:04 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: roothog69

Congratson the new mods. See what happens when you do the right thing... I'm saving my pennies for the tune, sounds like you saw a BIG difference in performance with the CIA and Tune. I asked my Stealership about installing Long tube headers and was informed that it would void the warranty, so I asked about Ford Racing Short Tube Headers and was told that also would void the warranty if they could prove that caused the failure. I mean waht a bunch of asses to sell me a product then be quick to point out the engine failure was caused by the very product they sell...AHHHHhhhhhh. I quess I'll wait on the Long Tubes till after the warranty, which is about 2 years with the miles I drive.
Hey, thanks much!!!

You know Ive heard this from other members dealing with other Ford service shops and FRPP parts. Hubby is a heavy line Ford tech and he told me (speaking on behalf of our local dealership/service) that if the Ford service shop is an authorized SVT dealer/service and they sell and install any FRPP part, it will not void the warranty, HOWEVER, this could be dealer specific and if that is indeed the case then I have to say I feel pretty lucky to have the dealer that we have locally and that hubby is one of their techs!!! I think that blows for other forum members that have been told what you have been told!! [sm=boosign.gif]
Old 01-03-2007, 05:08 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

ORIGINAL: Sherwood06GT

Yea, Looooooooooooooooooooooooong Tubes are awesome! Radically changes the sound! All rumbly and stuff!
Hey Sherwood which LTs do you think? I hear a lot about Kooks and JLT but man thats a hard one. Whatever happen to good ole Hooker??? lol
Hooker is still out there. They are most all good. Just make sure they are the 304 stainless, and it's best to have everything match. LTs, X or H pipe, and Axlebacks. I went with the SLP 'cause they were recommended by a performance shop. I really, really like 'em. Sounds great! My sig has the info.
Yeah, stainless is what I want.Is itthe stainless or ceramic that will turn colors???? Ive heard good things about SLPs too. Any of them will work well with the FRPP axle-back???
Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

ORIGNAL: StowesStang

Jersey, should I ask what you did to loose your ride for 2-weeks?????? lol Either way, Im sure ur glad to have your baby back huh?????
Basically my mom started yelling at me to get her frustration out since she was mad at my dad and I didn't take too kindly to that so I started yelling back. She yelled louder back at me. I yelled louder again. She took the keys.

Definately happy to have her back again!

Edit: My mom yells at me all the time to let her anger out, this time I just snapped back.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:13 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Be sure to walk it out of the gate a few times. You don't want to slide it into the wall your first time at the track.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:15 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Be sure to walk it out of the gate a few times. You don't want to slide it into the wall your first time at the track.
Well that thought has crossed tmy mind a few times so I am certainlygoing to try to get a feel for her first. I would die if I put my baby in the guardrail!! Advice well taken!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:19 PM
awakeinAZ
3rd Gear Member

Wahooooooo! That's cool, thanks for sharing. Glad it all worked out.
I'm so happy I need a tissue!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:22 PM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

That's great news! I'm very glad to hear it. It's one of those life things, you do enough good deeds and they'll come back. You just can't expect them. -Joe
Old 01-03-2007, 11:27 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: awakeinAZ

Wahooooooo! That's cool, thanks for sharing. Glad it all worked out.
I'm so happy I need a tissue!
ROF!!! Thanks, I feel ya for sure there!!

jbailer I couldnt agree with ya more!! Ive always believed in karma! good and bad!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:29 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

So am I going to have bad karma for arguing with my mom or good karma for standing up for myself?

Quick Reply: UPDATE: My men came through for me!!!