Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

took my friend's GT for a test run today

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Default RE: took my friend's GT for a test run today

Well this is an excellent written comparison and the V-6 is a strong motor with 210 horsepower. When mine was being worked on I was given a v-6 loaner and it impressed me with the quickness and power, and it was an automatic. I think they are going to get even faster. The fusion has an engine with what 240 horsepower? We'll see, thanks for the thread I almost forgot, I remember when a GT only had 175 horsepower back in 82'. Then it was promoted to 215? I bet the new V-6 could kill one of those cars easy unless it's a course modified which most are.
Old 01-03-2007, 06:58 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

Is it worth it for a GT in your opinion?
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

You're a senior in High School? If so.....Very well written, I think you might have a bright future! Thanks for the comparison.
Apoptosis
poptart tits

ORIGINAL: jerseystang07

It is in the January issue of Motor Trend. Dodge is having the same problem with their Challenger.
Hooray for the V-8 camaro being priced at 35,000 before markup!

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Well this is an excellent written comparsion and the V-6 is a strong motor with 210 horsepower. When mine was being worked on I was given a v-6 loaner and it impressed me with the quickness and power, and it was an automatic. I think they are going to get even faster. The fusion has an engine with what 240 horsepower? We'll see, thanks for the thread
Yep, an 05 V-6 is what made me want a mustang.
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

I think I read it actually has 265 hp.

I try to help my fellow Mustang bretheren.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gatkins94

You're a senior in High School? If so.....Very well written, I think you might have a bright future! Thanks for the comparison.
Thank you very much! That makes me feel better about the essays I've had to write these past 3 months for college. But basically that's how I felt after a quick drive comparison of the 2 cars with many of the same options.

IMHO I would say that if you care about numbers then you should get the GT. I know there is nothing like having a hulking V8 motor growling underneath the hood of a bad-*** muscle car and the deep roar of the exhaust is to die for if you have the right setup, but the V6 will still get the job done, just a little slower unless you are Rygen or Scrmin (LOL...I love their cars!). Personally, I would have gotten a GT, but as I have said before, I have a V6 and I am damn proud of it! Hope this helps.

This is a little off topic from what I was saying , but I just wanted to add that although the T3650 seems to be an easier and shorter throw, I like how you really gotta mean it when you shift with a T5. Once you commit you finish or else!
Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Since his is a 07 did he have the 3.55 L/S option?
Did his leather feel diffrent than yours since GT's and V-6's have diffrent leather?
Oh and by the way when Raceway parkopens up again are you goingbecause we should get a meetgoing on there since alot of NJ stangs are on MF.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
bobomac
1st Gear Member

Very good and fair comparison.Good to see that there are still a fewin the younger crowd that don't drive ricers.

Also i agree with one of the previous posts F*@k Camaro.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s2k

Since his is a 07 did he have the 3.55 L/S option?
Did his leather feel diffrent than yours since GT's and V-6's have diffrent leather?
Oh and by the way when Raceway parkopens up again are you goingbecause we should get a meetgoing on there since alot of NJ stangs are on MF.
Honestly, I don't know if he has the 3.55 LSD option but I'm sure he does. He really got fully loaded to the point where you could go to FordDirect.com, start with a 07 Premium coupe in Tungsten Grey, Black Aberdeen Leather, T3650 Tranny, 18" Chrome bullits, IUP, and check off all options left for packages and everything but Sirius Satellite Radio, spoiler delete, and GT Appearance and he had it all. None of the stuff in the last option though unless he has the chrome exhaust tips, but I didn't notice that. Bottom line of what I'm saying is I'm sure he has it with all the other options he has.

He also has the Light Graphite Interior, but with black Aberdeen leather and door panel inserts like it was a custom job or something. He said that the dealership or factory messed it up because he was supposed to have 2-tone leather interior, but he didn't say what colors or anything further on that subject.. As far as the feel of the leather I couldn't tell you because I didn't think of it, but it did look like a different quality overall. It was really shiny like it had the wet leather look or something, I don't know how to fully and accurately explain it.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:16 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bobomac

Also i agree with one of the previous posts F*@k Camaro.
[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Quick Reply: took my friend's GT for a test run today