Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not impressed with tuner UPDATE!! LOOK

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 06:18 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Not impressed with tuner UPDATE!! LOOK

Did ford replace the driveshaft under warranty?

Just curious?

ORIGINAL: grbrorng07

I told them what i had and what i wanted. I did get a responce back this morning that they do not up the shift responce because they do not feel the trans can handle it. I can accept that, but it would have been nice to tell me that when I asked up front. I can handle things better when I know what is going on. But to tell me OK when I order it then just not do it and keep it a secret bugs me. I have no hard feelings at them. I now have a tune that works great. I picked my car up today from ford. driveshaft replaced but much more damage. the e brake cable is broken and the Bottom floor is DESTROYED!!! Has two 3" long cuts and has separated the floor pan seams. Goes to the body shop next week. I am going to drive it some and see if any trans. leaks or other issues.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: grbrorng07

I told them what i had and what i wanted. I did get a responce back this morning that they do not up the shift responce because they do not feel the trans can handle it. I can accept that, but it would have been nice to tell me that when I asked up front. I can handle things better when I know what is going on. But to tell me OK when I order it then just not do it and keep it a secret bugs me. I have no hard feelings at them. I now have a tune that works great. I picked my car up today from ford. driveshaft replaced but much more damage. the e brake cable is broken and the Bottom floor is DESTROYED!!! Has two 3" long cuts and has separated the floor pan seams. Goes to the body shop next week. I am going to drive it some and see if any trans. leaks or other issues.
Hmmmm.... they don't think the trans can handle it..... Breenspeed, if you are listening, the V6 automatic can handle the hard shifting.. I made lots of passes at the track with a 100HP shot of N20 with the shift pressure set to just about max! Also made some 125HP shot passes.... I've now been "blown" for 15,0000 miles with very aggressive shifting... No tranny problems what so ever! Rygen has been abusing his poor automatic also! LOL!

The thing is, firmer shifts are actually easier on the tranny (to a point)... hmmmm...
Old 01-05-2007, 07:18 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

Sooo if Brenspeed doesn't make any adjustments to the trans, which supplier does? I was going to go with the Brenspeed tune because I want the firmness and timing changed in my auto.

Any good suggestions???

Thanks-
Old 01-05-2007, 07:38 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Best V6 tuner is Justin at VMP Tuning (VMPTuning.com)
He started outfocusing onV6 Mustangs, and has done some amazing things with them.

Old 01-05-2007, 07:40 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BHRS

Sooo if Brenspeed doesn't make any adjustments to the trans, which supplier does? I was going to go with the Brenspeed tune because I want the firmness and timing changed in my auto.

Any good suggestions???

Thanks-
Well, in all fairness you can adjust the timing and shift firmness yourself in the X-Cal2... to a point...
Old 01-05-2007, 07:42 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vsop

He started outfocusing onV6 Mustangs, and has done some amazing things with them.

Cool.. now we get to start the great TUNER DEBATE!! It's almost as good as the V6 vs V8 debate! LOL!!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:04 PM
BHRS
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: vsop

Cool.. now we get to start the great TUNER DEBATE!! It's almost as good as the V6 vs V8 debate! LOL!!
Great, now look what I started.

Sorry!!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 08:58 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Did someone say Tuner Debate!!! I'm ready. LOL.

Ya, Johns right, I beat on my tranny too. Not sure how long it will last on my new setup, I'll let you know when I break it. LOL.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:07 PM
grbrorng07
1st Gear Member

Yes ford is replacing under warranty. new update, I just came in from the garage, from which i noticed my pasanger seat would not move. After fighting it, (I won) it is out. The tunnel has been hit so hard it has torn the center console from the tunnel and bent the seat bolt area against the tunnel. So now they get to order a new console. V6john is correct in that you can adjust the shift yourself. I am new at these tuners and believe me was scared to death of it. But it is easy to adjust and if you mess up it is easy to fix.