Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

REAR WINDOW LOUVERS - need pics and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

Default REAR WINDOW LOUVERS - need pics and opinions

Please post your pics of rear window louvers (back window, not rear quarter window) and let me know how you like them. Was install easy? Where did you get them? What did they cost? You know, the usual useful feedback.

THANKS!
Old 01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: REAR WINDOW LOUVERS - need pics and opinions

I can't say I have seen to many people with them on but I have had a few people ask in the last 2 years, either way MRT-Direct is were I got it and I love them and get alot of compliments on the look.
I am sure the price has changed since then, it's solid product and is a 2 piece set saved about $100 off shipping and I installed it in about 20 mins alone with no experince looks perfect and there is No shaking or anything else at speed fact the faster you go the better it holds to the car.

I thought I would add this also if you want to see what your car might look like goto
http://www.ponybuilder.com
they have the same louvers on there and you can change the color or the car add other effects and so on and get a good idea what you will end up with.

I will try and find a better picture later when I am home..
Well since scrming posted good Pics below, I will try and add some other views

There is another Differnece between the other louvers shown the MRT's are on hinges so you can lift them up and clean the window, I belive the others are just stuck on and I would love to see the view out the back window those things are real close together would be like peeking out venetian blinds.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13769/2B1D7447A38F4ED8B4134D3AE3E77493.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13769/0B77A0797BD8420D93EA606CD894BE80.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/13769/2246A79BC27A4E059C989E1E3B04CE8C.jpg[/IMG]

I found some old Pics with just the back louver and stock wheels to give you another look

[IMG]local://upfiles/13769/DCA2EA989A5048B19BEB79D7758B5908.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-04-2007, 08:03 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

Hey "Stone", those louvers are bad-a$$,they take you back to the '69-'70 days of the "Boss" cars,
My mom worked at a dealership then and at 9 years-old, I never forgot that yellow "Boss302" with
black stripes and those louvers.I drew that car on every school notebook I had !!!!!
Looks Good,(no hard feelings from last week?,congrats on kickin the sticks!!)
Old 01-04-2007, 08:21 PM
Sherwood06GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stone

I can't say I have seen to many people with them on but I have had a few people ask in the last 2 years, either way MRT-Direct is were I got it and I love them and get alot of compliments on the look.
I am sure the price has changed since then, it's solid product and is a 2 piece set saved about $100 off shipping and I installed it in about 20 mins alone with no experince looks perfect and there is No shaking or anything else at speed fact the faster you go the better it holds to the car.

I will try and find a better picture later when I am home.
Thanks Stone, those are the ones I have been eyeballin'. Thanks for the thumbs up and the PICs. With the retro BOSS look it may not be necessary to replace the spoiler, as that is the style of the early BOSS model. Looks GREAT!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:24 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I've got the MRT also...

Basically to echo other... I love'em and get lots of compliments... LOL!

I've got a write up on the install at: http://www.v6john.com/Main/Appearanc...ar_louvers.htm

Also... MRT now only sells them as one piece...
Old 01-04-2007, 08:29 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Love the louvers too, and need them to complete the theme.....But I am still holding out for a set off of the Parnelli Jones Saleen...............Ya, hold your breath Mike.........

Old 01-04-2007, 08:39 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Love the louvers too, and need them to complete the theme.....But I am still holding out for a set off of the Parnelli Jones Saleen...............Ya, hold your breath Mike.........

Saleen uses the plastic louvers... I got a chance to see one in person... seemed like there were too many louvers, to close together and to narrow.... just my HO...
Old 01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Saleen uses the plastic louvers... I got a chance to see one in person... seemed like there were too many louvers, to close together and to narrow.... just my HO...
Well, when I saw it at the auto show, they didn't appear to be plastic, but I could be wrong....I actually like the louvers a bit narrower, and I believe there are 7 louvers as opposed to 6. What I really like about them is how they start below the level of the roof line, kinda parallel with the upper window edge.....But like I said before, I'll hold my breath for them to come out, and be semi affordable.....

Mike

Old 01-04-2007, 10:03 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Well, when I saw it at the auto show, they didn't appear to be plastic, but I could be wrong....I actually like the louvers a bit narrower, and I believe there are 7 louvers as opposed to 6. What I really like about them is how they start below the level of the roof line, kinda parallel with the upper window edge.....But like I said before, I'll hold my breath for them to come out, and be semi affordable.....

Mike

I checked one out last fall a local car show... the louvers were definitely not metal... (plastic or urathane or ??? )
Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I like the back window louvers, but my wife doesn't. That means i'll never have them.

anyone have a pic of painted ones?

Quick Reply: REAR WINDOW LOUVERS - need pics and opinions