Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screwed Out Of $2,250

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 07:17 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Screwed Out Of $2,250

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

p.s. I live in NJ, but what would be the point of me driving to Jersey City- he'd probably just laugh in my face if I demanded he pay you back, and if I laid a hand on him then he could sue ME...?!
What's more, Jersey City is Bad News, and my Stang would probably get "jacked" while I was ringing his doorbell..............
+1 Jersey City is bad. My girlfriend's family used to live there, but I know they moved partially because of trouble with neighbors and violence and that was back in the 60s.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:19 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Please be very vigilant with PayPal as well. I just received a very obvious "pfishing" E Mail yesterday that looked very "PayPal authentic", telling me my account would be cancelled if I did not verify account information right away......supposed security measures.....[:'(][:'(][:'(]

I have turned it over to PayPal, awaiting further information from them.....

Mike

Old 01-04-2007, 07:27 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

PayPal is no help. They basically told me, "We know your right, but we can't help you" I've been a paypal member since 2001, with well over 3000 transactions between my business and personal accounts, as well as tons of reffered business,and all they can tell me is tough luck

~Fred
Old 01-04-2007, 07:33 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: POWERS

If you used PAypal, did you use a credit card or did you just use your bank account? I always use a credit card even through paypal, that way if paypal bitches out you have the C.C. company and they will side with you 99.9% of the time.
[sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 01-04-2007, 07:34 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FredTT

Alright, So I wanted to put this warning out there. I bought a blower from a guy for $2,250 on ebay. I spoke with him numerous times via email, with his response time usually around 20 minutes. I finally agreed to send him the money, and I paid via PayPal.

Well, a month and a half later, no KB 2.4. No nothing. No response from him, no answer on the phone, and no progress with PayPal. I filed a claim, and they found in my favor, but they were unable to recover my funds.

Appaerntly, i'm not the first Mustang guy to be screwed. He sold a "whipple" to a guy on SVTPerformance, and shipped him an eaton. Another guy bought a turbo from him, and got a completly screwed up kit for a diff car.

This is the adress I got from ebay...
John Aviles
130 Church Street #136
New York, NY 10007

That apparently is a mailbox with a+ post net mail recieving services (212 608 8870)

A little snooping and I find...

John M Aviles
71 Lexington Ave, Apt 7
Jersey City, NJ 07304-1621
(201) 434-6406

This just really makes me sick. I'm a college student, and I had been saving up to buy a S/C, and this SOB comes around and does this. Everytime I look at my stang now, it makes me a little more sick.

Anyone in NJ willing to take a drive to Lexington Ave?

~Fred

im in hudson county, NJ thats a town around here, probably some lazy *** jerk ripping the stuff off cars and selling it as something else, yup, not a good place to buy parts from, I would recommend u visit NJ and file a report with the police in jersey city `
Old 01-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Typical of paypal, but they really can't do anything if he already got the funds and cashed his check.

Time to contact police & get a lawyer. If that is his address, it won't be very difficult getting this resolved...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Tri C
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mlcrycc

Please be very vigilant with PayPal as well. I just received a very obvious "pfishing" E Mail yesterday that looked very "PayPal authentic", telling me my account would be cancelled if I did not verify account information right away......supposed security measures.....[:'(][:'(][:'(]

I have turned it over to PayPal, awaiting further information from them.....

Mike

Same thing happened to me last spring. Paypal was zero help in straightening it out. As a result, I gave up on ebay altogether.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:36 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

im in hudson county, NJ thats a town around here, probably some lazy *** jerk ripping the stuff off cars and selling it as something else, yup, not a good place to buy parts from, I would recommend u visit NJ and file a report with the police in jersey city `
NJ is a long drive from Texas. I'll call the PD tomorrowand see if I can file over the phone.

~Fred
Old 01-04-2007, 07:38 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tri C
Same thing happened to me last spring. Paypal was zero help in straightening it out. As a result, I gave up on ebay altogether.
Kind of makes me want to give up on my car all together. I am now 2250 in the hole....$2250 of my hard earned cash...
Old 01-04-2007, 07:40 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Fred, I would certainly file the police report, where the crime (the money was taken) took place. When it happen to me, I filed a report with the Miami Dade Sheriff Dept/Fraud & Forgery Unit, I filed with Western Union, Ebay, Pay Pay and then IC3.com. Just file as many reports as you can. I spoke with our attorney and he basically told me that I would spend way too much money to try to recoup $900 and that wasnt even a guarantee. Just some more advice.

Also, you will get no where with Ebay or Pay Pal. Ive heard that from too many people and now have experienced it myself. Im about done with Ebay too!!

Quick Reply: Screwed Out Of $2,250