Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SHELBY GT 500 At Retail.PICS ADDED

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:01 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: SHELBY GT 500 At Retail.....

sounds like a great deal! post pics
Old 01-04-2007, 11:04 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Maybe things work different back where he purchased the car. But the DMV has to send the title in the mail once they process the paper work after the dealership send it all in to them. They most likely did not hand him the title, my guess but merely the registration. It took me about 8 Weeks to get my title after i wrote the check for my car.

Richard
I believe he called it the MSN or MSO. Title was my term. In Ohio we get the title when we get the car
Old 01-04-2007, 11:41 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

[sm=jawdrop.gif]Sound like he got a heck of a deal there...
Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Just wait..........................

They'll be selling at retail "eventually"; now that could be 08 or 09, I can't see into the future butFord wants to sell more, Ford needs to sell more (of everything) If the car is sold for 10k over MSRP who do you think gets the 10k?
Old 01-05-2007, 02:34 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Good point fairlane292. Ponder this if you will, regardless of MSRP, FORD could be putting a manufacturer's mark-up to the dealers. Just thinking outloud, but, why would FORD allow the dealer to make $25-35K, while they make peanuts ?
Not tryin to start a flame war, but, that does make sense, and we all know MSRP is pretty much a fantasy number on any car. Once the frenzy began, some how, some way FORD did something to reap some of those 50% + profits. I think back in ' 05 they let it go to get the model introduced, and on the road.
One thing for sure, we may see a midyear price adjustment on MSRP, and quite a price adjustment onthe'08 GT 500's, if the market doesn't doesn't drop.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:50 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Good point fairlane292. Ponder this if you will, regardless of MSRP, FORD could be putting a manufacturer's mark-up to the dealers. Just thinking outloud, but, why would FORD allow the dealer to make $25-35K, while they make peanuts ?
Not tryin to start a flame war, but, that does make sense, and we all know MSRP is pretty much a fantasy number on any car. Once the frenzy began, some how, some way FORD did something to reap some of those 50% + profits. I think back in ' 05 they let it go to get the model introduced, and on the road.
One thing for sure, we may see a midyear price adjustment on MSRP, and quite a price adjustment onthe'08 GT 500's, if the market doesn't doesn't drop.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I wish I knew if say the car is sold for 20k over MSRP where the money goes. I'm thinking it's the dealer but I'm both guessing and wishful thinking. Someone can tell us I know. I really would like to hear on this. Aside from the stock market and decent int rates, the economy is in pretty tough shape and Ford is in serious trouble (the other two aren't much better off) Still was a fair amount of R&D on the Shelby and I gotta believe FMC would be happy selling a bunch of these at MSRP. FMC needs volume in their sales, limited specialty items will not help them; that's basic economics. I really think you're gonna see the consumer benefit from the plight of FMC and one benefit I think you'll see (down the road) is 500's available at or below MSRP. It's becoming a buyers market for anything built by the "big three" and there are no signs of that changing in 2007. ...course they have to keep building them for us to scoreone at MSRP or below. ...we shall see.

BTW, I'm not hoping for a demise of FMC. I have a quite a lot of FMC stock and have taken a beating on it but hate to sell it now....I'd like nothing more than to see them get momentum back, reopen plants, etc. but w/o legislation Toyota and others are gonnaeliminate one of our few remaining mfg markets. ...first the cars, then the trucks. UGH!!! and I'm an optimist!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:05 PM
LBJay
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

Ponder this if you will, regardless of MSRP, FORD could be putting a manufacturer's mark-up to the dealers. Just thinking outloud, but, why would FORD allow the dealer to make $25-35K, while they make peanuts ?
You assume Ford is onlymaking peanuts on a GT 500. I would bet they are making at least $8,000-$10,000+ per car just like they do (did)on duded up SUVs. Why let dealers make the extra? Because it's bonus money for the dealer, they'd have to sell a lot of Focus to make the money theycan off one GT 500.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 PM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

I wonder if Ford will go to the same sales strategy as toyota, where the dealer is only allowed to mark up the car so much. My Dad's friend owns a dealership that sells toyota and he told me in that he is only allowed to mark up those vehicles so much due to the manufacters rules on pricing.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM
b_hollier
2nd Gear Member

I wonder if Ford will go to the same sales strategy as toyota, where the dealer is only allowed to mark up the car so much. My Dad's friend owns a dealership that sells toyota and he told me in that he is only allowed to mark up those vehicles so much due to the manufacters rules on pricing.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

I believe it, production is up and the dealers are going to want to move them because the buying craze is over. Bet the price starts to drop next spring.

Quick Reply: SHELBY GT 500 At Retail.PICS ADDED