Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can your Mustang GT do that?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 09:41 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Can your Mustang GT do that?

I actually seen that show as well on the speed channel. I would just be scared to eat a curb while learning. My best friend has S2000 and just had to have one of his gears replaced because of drifting. He says that he has yet to hit a curb but that he has come close.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

I am trying to determine how it is rice? If you think what was being done in the video is easy, then I want to see a video of you doing better. It seems any time someone mentions drifting it is imediatly called rice, and it seems to generally come (but not allways and not from everyone) from younger guys who know only how to drag race. BTW domestic cars are very popular in US Drift there are a few Mustangs, a Dodge Charger, a Viper, and a few Corvettes.

I am really tired of all the Rice this and Rice that because you do not like it, damit if its rice back it up with an explanation and FACTS not your usless, unsupported thoughts.

BTW What do you do on dirt? YOU DRIFT A TURN, I have raced a few dirt tracks and a friend of mine is big into US Rally X drifting on the street uses some of the same principles of drifting on dirt. So I guess all those old shine runners and bootleggers were all drivin riced out mustangs, chevelles, camaros, firebirds, chargers, daytonas and dusters huh.

Moosetange consider also that the Ranger has less weight over the rear tires so it is easier for them to break loose. Not that you are not correct but just tires may not do it.

Those who call rice need to grow the hell up....
Just because drifting is rice, doesn't mean it is easy or isn't a sport. I consider it rice because it originated in Japan, and most of the US fans are ricer's. I intend to catch The fast and the furious Tokyo Drifton cable so don't callme a hater, player.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:57 PM
gtrichyo6
2nd Gear Member

VaughnGitten j.r driving for team falkin in a paxton supercharged mustang gtbeat out over 70 other drivers. It takes skill to do that . try it.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:14 PM
NewMustang
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

Yea you could set up a V6 for that, not a bad idea with the cones.
My car can do that too? How? A set of bad tires in the rear wheels?

I tried to have some fun with it, but I couldn't even do a proper donut. Probably my tires are brand new, have too much gripe. Or maybe I just didn't have the heart to trytoo hardon my baby. Or I just suck.

Anyway, just wanted to know if my car (stock)can do that.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:26 PM
bodyputtyless
3rd Gear Member

This is the sort of thing you do when you own cars that "can't". Its sort of like your afraid to play baseball so you invent whiffle ball. Or you don't have the nerve to race cars so you race riding lawn mowers. I can see it now. "Welcome to the 2013 Import parallel parking competition sponsored by Nextel"
Old 01-05-2007, 10:52 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bodyputtyless

This is the sort of thing you do when you own cars that "can't". Its sort of like your afraid to play baseball so you invent whiffle ball. Or you don't have the nerve to race cars so you race riding lawn mowers. I can see it now. "Welcome to the 2013 Import parallel parking competition sponsored by Nextel"
Sweet, thats dammm funny.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:06 AM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

Why would I want to drift and burn up the tires??
http://www.stangsunleashed.com/forum...showtopic=3204
Old 01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
06blueovalblueGT
2nd Gear Member

HEY " MATTBLASI "
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I cant find any video of me foolishly runnin the ****
out of my car,TRUE the guy in the mustang won the drift championship, over in J A P A N !!!
Plus, if that is you car in your post,that is one FINE car, and I cant begin to belive you would
put all that work into it just to tear it up.Send me YOUR video....
There is a big diffrence between running your car hard, and just running the **** out of it
You might think I'm an old fart, hatin' on the kids, but at 45 years old ,6' 5", 255 lbs
I still, Drink beer, drive fast as hell, box with my boys, go to the racetrack, gotta fine-a$$ wife
and listen to L O U D - A $$ ROCKnROLL BABY !!!! love ya...............
'
Old 01-08-2007, 12:33 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06blueovalblueGT

HEY " MATTBLASI "
Sorry it took so long to reply, but I cant find any video of me foolishly runnin the ****
out of my car,TRUE the guy in the mustang won the drift championship, over in J A P A N !!!
Plus, if that is you car in your post,that is one FINE car, and I cant begin to belive you would
put all that work into it just to tear it up.Send me YOUR video....
There is a big diffrence between running your car hard, and just running the **** out of it
You might think I'm an old fart, hatin' on the kids, but at 45 years old ,6' 5", 255 lbs
I still, Drink beer, drive fast as hell, box with my boys, go to the racetrack, gotta fine-a$$ wife
and listen to L O U D - A $$ ROCKnROLL BABY !!!! love ya...............
'
Actually I dont have any video of me screwin around in that car, it is mine but I am generally too busy driving to video. I do run this car hard as I do all of my cars, and I do screw around quite a bit. However, when I race I prefer to personally race autocross and grand am series' and am currently planning out a new car for 08' where I will probably br running a new Mustang, if I can swing it a FR500C but will not have it all figured out till fall of this year. My point was that Drifting is not in anyway rice and should not be mocked simply because someone dose not like it understand and apreciate it.

Actually there is an event I will be doing coverage of at VIR on the 24th of Feb. which is an open event.
Old 01-08-2007, 02:49 AM
06Vista
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

what, be a ***? no. no i can't.

HA HA LOL....[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: Can your Mustang GT do that?