Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you give me your opinion please?

Old 01-05-2007, 11:46 AM
skin5050
2nd Gear Member

Default Can you give me your opinion please?

I want to lower my car. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but I want good quality stuff on my ride. I found these on moss mustang. What do you guys think? They have a lifetime warranty and price is pretty good. Thanks!

http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=52451
Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can you give me your opinion please?

I am planning on lowering my car this spring so I'm interested in these as well....look forward to some responses.....
Old 01-05-2007, 10:40 PM
skin5050
2nd Gear Member

No one?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

i'd dish out the extra hundred or so to get the eibach sportline or the other springs they offer. If you are into drag racing, you could even get the drag pack which helps with weight transfer!
Old 01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Never heard of that brand and sometimes it is better to spend a little more oney on a brand name.

Richard
Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 PM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06GT4RAD

Never heard of that brand and sometimes it is better to spend a little more oney on a brand name.

Richard
Agreed. I was reading an article today that stated the cheaper knock-off brands are not only inferior but can be dangerous...this covers all mods from hoods to brakes etc. You should use caution and spend the extra hundy on Eibachs. I bought some springs for my old fox body stang similar to these you are questioning, and they did not performe to the specsas promised. In fact, instead of the 1" drop it was supposed to have, the car set down on the fenders. If I were you, I'd go Eibach or FRPP, I've had no issues with mine.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:11 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

those springs will only lower your car 1" or so. you need other things besides springs, even at bare minimum. you need an adjustable panhard barno matter what. you can do just the springs but it wont ride as well as it should and the rear end will be off center. camber bolts are inexpensive and necessary to keep your tires from wearing unevenly and pre-maturely. i've never heard of those springs before. personally I would stick with a company known for their springs like Eibach, H&R or Steeda. the extra couple bucks is well worth the investment on your 30k car.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:23 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I just installed a bmr bar today. My car's been lowered for almost 6 months with the stock bar with no problems. With the ford springs and stock tires the amount the axle is moved is negliable. I think you need adj. LCA's or upper control arm at a minimum.

To the original poster. My biggest concern with those springs would be an uneven drop. I'd spend the extra $70 and get the Ford racing springs.

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

those springs will only lower your car 1" or so. you need other things besides springs, even at bare minimum. you need an adjustable panhard barno matter what. you can do just the springs but it wont ride as well as it should and the rear end will be off center. camber bolts are inexpensive and necessary to keep your tires from wearing unevenly and pre-maturely. i've never heard of those springs before. personally I would stick with a company known for their springs like Eibach, H&R or Steeda. the extra couple bucks is well worth the investment on your 30k car.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:34 PM
RUFDRAFT
3rd Gear Member

I've got the Ford Racing springs and the Steeda UCA. I like the results. Go with a known product.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:42 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Get an adjustable panhard bar if your going to lower the car. It is a must have item when lowering some cars are not effected as much as others when lowering, but i know when i lowered my car the rear end shifted over to the driver side almost a full inch.

Richard

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Can you give me your opinion please?