Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems with american muscle wheels

Old 01-06-2007, 02:01 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: problems with american muscle wheels

EDITED:
Old 01-06-2007, 02:08 PM
limer06stang
3rd Gear Member

I have DD bullits from american muscle and they're painted black luckily i didn't have problems with paint or anything but they did send me the wrong size center caps and it took them 3 weeks to finally give me a answer and i will no longer buy/recommend anything from that place, they are a complete joke as far as customer satisfaction goes.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Kingofbeers

Well, it sounds like I'm lucky in comparison - only one of my deep-dish Anthracite bullets has a bunch of holes in the clear-coat. It looks like crap - I guess I'll take the coating off entirely and just keep it buffed out.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:23 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VWILLO

I have been wondering about their wheels and quality. Anyone have any problems with trueness and balance on the deep dish rims
My FR500 replicas came from Mustang Tuning / American Muscle. I didn't care about thefinish becasue I was planning to have the entire wheel beadblasted and then powder coated to get the finish that I wanted....so I can't comment on the looks. However, they were straight and true and they balanced fine. I inspected them closely and checked runout and balance before I sent them off to be recoated. I didn't want to waste any money customizing a defective wheel!

I have absoloutely no regrets with regard to ordering them...and I have no problems with their service either.
Old 01-07-2007, 05:34 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CrazyAl

ORIGINAL: VWILLO

I have been wondering about their wheels and quality. Anyone have any problems with trueness and balance on the deep dish rims
My FR500 replicas came from Mustang Tuning / American Muscle. I didn't care about thefinish becasue I was planning to have the entire wheel beadblasted and then powder coated to get the finish that I wanted....so I can't comment on the looks. However, they were straight and true and they balanced fine. I inspected them closely and checked runout and balance before I sent them off to be recoated. I didn't want to waste any money customizing a defective wheel!

I have absoloutely no regrets with regard to ordering them...and I have no problems with their service either.
my chrome 18 inch DD bullits came from them, I have not installed yet but I dont see any problems with the wheels ?? now I am concerned however
Old 01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
panzermk2
1st Gear Member

Take them to small claims court and stick it to them
Old 01-07-2007, 07:27 PM
dsteber

I have the 18" DD Chrome Bullits on my 06 GT. 2 of them had these "rust" spots on them. It wasn't that bad, but still noticable. They sent me new ones and took the old ones back without a problem. I do not, however, like the way the bullitt lug nuts are packaged when you order them. They are supposed to be chrome. They should be protected some way, not put in a zip-lock bag (all 20). That was my only problem.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:50 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I have the 18x10 and 18x9 staggered set-up from them and have had no problems. The only bad thing I can possibley think of is that they scratch easily.

As for there customer service I rate it A+ in my experience. I ordered my DD bullitts and the next day the price went down, I called them and they sent me four free center caps for the difference in price like $75 or somehting like that.

-Jeff
Old 01-07-2007, 11:28 PM
nathansdad04

I would have them pay for any mounting/balancing expenses(beyond the 1st time). They are responsible for the expenses you've incurred because of their faulty product. If they are at all business savvy...they realize that for every person that gets scr_wed and posts their bad experience(s) they end up losing scores of potential customers.
Personally....it only takes a couple of negative posts about a company before I refuse to order from them.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:19 PM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

I had to sendthem photo's of the wheels that are flaking the paint as if they didn't believe me that they sent me two bad sets of wheels. I will have to keep thisposted in how this mess turns out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: problems with american muscle wheels