Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

problems with american muscle wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 12:06 PM
mcburns36
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: problems with american muscle wheels

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 03-11-2008, 01:49 PM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Silencer06

ORIGINAL: MustangJim21

Hey guys. I was thinking about ordering some AM DD bullits this week, but these posts are scaring me a little bit. Is the quality of their wheels really that bad? How many people have ordered wheels from AM and have been happy with their quality? Also, I understand MF memebers get a 10% discount from AM, how do I get this?
I don't think there's anything to be scared about with ordering from them. Just like ANY company the public deals with, sometimes a customer gets hold of a flawed product. It happens all the time, in every business. Like plenty of other people on this forum, I too have purchased items from American Muscle, including my 18" DD chrome bullitts (5 total), and have had ZERO problems with any of them. The only problem I had with their products involved some chrome engine dress-up pieces I bought. In fact, there were no problems with them -- I just didn't like 'em after receiving them. But their customer service was outstanding, and between that and the other products I bought from them, I'm an extremely happy customer. Someone said earlier that when you buy cheap you should expect cheap (aka Wal-Mart), but I don't agree with that at all. DISCOUNT means exactly that -- a savings. If I can find a Motorcraft oil filter at Wal-Mart for $5 less than Autozone, should I avoid it because it's "cheap"? No, because it's not the PRODUCT that's cheap, it's the price. Point is, whether American Muscle is a "discount warehouse" or not does NOT mean their products are cheap quality. Yes indeed, some of their products are, but I can personally attest to the fact that the DD bullitts I bought from them are flawless and just dandy to me....and I'm sure plenty of others have similar experiences.
I am not down on them for the product quality, we all know most things we use come from china, I am concerned about the lack of follow up to emails/phone calls.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:24 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

I love it when OLD threads are resurrected! [&:]

BY AND LARGE, American Muscle enjoys a SOLID reputation on the boards. Sure, there will be a few who have had issues with them, but that's bound to happen given the volume they sell. If anyone has had problems contacting them, it could be related to them hiring avendor forum mod - AMNick. The previous person is no longer employed by AM. Check out the American Muscle Section, and post away.

I have purchased from AM twice, and they were the best transactions I have ever had with a vendor both times. In one case, I bought a pair of 17x9" replica Bullitts for my M&H drag radials (which together weigh less than the stock Bullitt & Pirelli - FWIW).