Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Old 01-07-2007, 04:36 AM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Default Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Please VOTE!

Ok guys, i want to gauge the average # of problems in the S197. But i need alotta votes. Please contribute at least that. I've been seeing a lot of the same problems on all sorts of mustang boards. (Sqeeks, rattles, fuel system, electrical and the LEAK) I'm wondering if it's just the tiiiny percentage of actual owners posting or is it just about everyone.

If you want to add your year, engine and whatever else is related, feel free.

Thanks so much in advance. This poll will weigh heavily on whether or not i stroll into the dealerships and actually order within the next few weeks!!! (Thanks for putting up with my constant badgering and questions )
Old 01-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!

Im tired of bringing it back into the dealer for false OBDII codes, so now all I do is reset my ECU by disconnecting my battery for 5 minutes and then reconnecting it... this is what my dealership does and not tell me, they say they fixed it and send me back home..

Edit:: I have no leak anywhere, i checked... dry as a bone.. so its just doing it on its own, pulling "ghost"codes..
Old 01-07-2007, 05:36 AM
FordDude
2nd Gear Member

But I only have 891 miles on my Mustang, and I have only had it less than 2 months. fd
Old 01-07-2007, 05:47 AM
shockme76
2nd Gear Member

Problems i've had....

Had the fuel sender replaced. (i think that's what it's called) Anyway, it was the problem where i had about a quarter of a tank of gas left and the fuel guage would go to E and then come back up shortly after. Took it to the dealer and it was a known TSB. They fixed it and i've had to problems from that since.

Last week i had a very weird problem. I was getting off from work and got to my car and tried to unlock it with the key fob. It didn't work so i thought the battery in it was dead. So i unlocked it with the key, got in, and started it up. Next thing i know it beeps, all the guages go down, and it starts telling me fuel level low, oil pressure low, etc. It says to check the charging system. My head lights, internal lights, and radio were all flickering off and on. But the car was running and running fine. Luckily i don't live to far from work and was able to get home ok. Since i couldn't unlock it with the key fob it had to be something before i started it up. I don't know if it could've been moisture that got on something or what. It only did it that night and hasn't done it since.

Those are the only two problems i've had. The first one is fixed and hopefully the second one doesn't happen again. If it does i'll be back to the dealership.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:18 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

E-brake is the only thing I had a problem with. Dealership fixed it and no problems since.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:23 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Go order one. Aren't ya tired of countin' ?????[sm=boosign.gif][sm=violin.gif][sm=closed.gif]
Old 01-07-2007, 11:13 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Lame. Get a subscription to Consumer Reports, they've done this work for you already.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:40 AM
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I've only had 2 TSB issues (grinding noise around slow corners and fuel pick-up issues after long runs) and the dealership fixed them with no questions asked....despite my mods. Other than that it has been great.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:43 AM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

door mirrors rattle, seat lifter upper handle broke off in my hand, door panel pieces rattle (easy fix), and clutch pack in the rearend. also there have been several times it JUST WONT START and then after a few trys it does. dealer said they cant do anything because it didnt throw a code. theres 15,000 miles on ours right now, but all of these problems started at or around 5k
Old 01-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Juntech
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for the vote guys, i will be picking up a Consumer Reports too. ANd it's always good to get real data from actual owners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Everyone please VOTE!!!! All mustang owners HERE!