Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help... where do i purchase a new fender?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 01:13 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: help... where do i purchase a new fender?

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

DO not buy aftermarket, they are Korean knock offs, cheaper metal and a bitch to align/install. A local bodyshop (if you have a contact) could getyou one a little cheaper, as FORD does give them a discount.[sm=signs003.gif]
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
This is so untrue!! Aftermarket parts work fine. I am an adjustor for a major insurance company and work with these type of parts everyday. They work very well and even offer a better warranty than OEM parts do. Trust me, these parts work great....try Keystone @ 1-877-901-7278, they can help...
Old 01-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

OK, no personal offense intended, but as an adjuster you are looking to save money under company edict. As a former body man, those parts are crap. I have had more problems out of aftermarket off shore crap than I care to go through. But Torch is right, go with oe, the right fit, every time.

ORIGINAL: TElke1

ORIGINAL: LegallyTorchRED

DO not buy aftermarket, they are Korean knock offs, cheaper metal and a bitch to align/install. A local bodyshop (if you have a contact) could getyou one a little cheaper, as FORD does give them a discount.[sm=signs003.gif]
[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
This is so untrue!! Aftermarket parts work fine. I am an adjustor for a major insurance company and work with these type of parts everyday. They work very well and even offer a better warranty than OEM parts do. Trust me, these parts work great....try Keystone @ 1-877-901-7278, they can help...
Old 01-11-2007, 05:24 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: limer06stang

my brother was out at the track last night and saw what happened....that sucks man cause i got sideways there too when i went from 1-2 shift....good luck w/ everything
Was this out at Bithlo?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:58 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Yeah it was at Bithlo and there POS track... The owner should be shot and I am hitting myself on the head for being stupid enough to even run my car there. Wish I could see it on tape, this is out there but I know I landed a 1.6-1.7 60ft no doubt... That was my first time running with my new ARH LT's w/ catted x-pipe and I had a my dynotune setup with VMP for today with theCMCV's going in as well but now I am so backed up in repair bills i'm not going to be driving it for at least a month.

-Jeff
Old 01-11-2007, 07:08 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Ouch man, that really stinks! Sorry to hear about that. What actually happened, you just got loose and spun sideways? That track is notorious for people crashing... Just be thankful you didnt end up like some of the drag cars Ive seen out there... rolling around and in 15 pieces. Unfortunately its the only track around unless ya feel like going all the way to Gainesville or wherever. I still find it hard to believe that the NHRA even authorizes races there considering how bad the track is... I mean even in our cars, trapping just over 100, you can feel how unlevel, hilly, and unstable it is. I couldnt even imagine it in a pro street car or something trapping 150+.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:40 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

ARCHION, "thanks for the support", regarding "aftermarket/offshore" body parts.

NOTHSA,... "SORRY MAN" all's fair, when it comes to "love and racin",... I know you are "pissed" about the track promoter/owner, but, "no matter what happened", you "signed up" to race.
I've seen my car "torn to shreads on the dirt track", & not our "FAULT",...but, (I'm sorry,that's the chance you take)
When, you sign up to "race", anything can happen,..... WHEN it does, it's your responsibility... to "git er fixed". I know, IT SUCKS", but, again "it's RACIN".. Anything can "happen", (and usually does). Many experienced drivers, have done well at this TRACK,.....(( if it were not up to standards,.... no one would go there))..... and ((no one would attend their events))
Sometimes, "mods and money", don't "mix,... with inexperience and excuses"
Try to better, next time.[sm=signs003.gif][sm=signs003.gif][sm=signs003.gif]