Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am having post-speeding regrets...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I am having post-speeding regrets...

Just throw the ticket away when it comes in the mail. Then they must serve you the ticket personally. Usually on a sunday afternoon or late in the evening they will knock on your door and hand it too whom ever answers. If you don't know the person then don't open the door. If you have kids be sure to tell them but they probably already do this. If you can avoid them for a year you got a good chance. But being 140 mph the judge may want to make head lines out of you and be a little more persistant. In Arizona you may lose your car and see some jail time for anything over 100mph.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

On the freeway the actually put sensors in the road for each lane that way they know who isspeeding if a gagle of cars cross the camera at one time. Sucks if you ask me.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:15 PM
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

Maybe I am just worrying too much. SC is a pretty low tech state, so that might have not even been a speed camera.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:25 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

why do u even have ur license plates on...

I keeping mine off till I get a ticket for not having them......and yes I'm knocking on wood right now, so I dont get a ticket..
Old 01-11-2007, 07:29 PM
Fourth Horseman
2nd Gear Member

I'm baking a hack saw into a cake for you right now. Just be sure to have somebody post here with what cell block you end up in so I can make sure it gets to you.
Heavyg72
3rd Gear Member

I got nailed a few weeks ago in DC with a speed camera and basically I just had to pay the fine. It was no points because the cameras can't verify that you were actually driving the car. My understanding, and it may be different by state, is that they are not considered moving violations since they can't verify/prove you were driving so they can only fine the owner of the vehicle and can't give points. Good luck!!!!
JT_Moore05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: probinator

why do u even have ur license plates on...

I keeping mine off till I get a ticket for not having them......and yes I'm knocking on wood right now, so I dont get a ticket..
You keep your's off? Where do you live?
Old 01-11-2007, 08:16 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

I think thecamera you are talkiing about are "redlight" or intersection cameras, they take pictures based on the timing of stoplights and people going through them. The cameras SC DOT is using arewebcams, they transmit a blurry image to the DOT so they can spotgridlock, there is a website set up thru the DOT where you canactually see what they see. They are mounted on slim poles and hang down in a teardrop shape, they are not registering anybodys speed and cant see a plate number. There isnt a camera in service that will get a clear picture at those speeds anyway. Second off, save some cash on that license plate spray, all its just clear lacquer, buy some Krylon for 3 bucks.
Old 01-11-2007, 08:21 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

always wear a ballcap and sunglasses - they have to PROVE it was you driving. You say it wasn't you and it's done.

SLOW DOWN!!!!!!! it's morons like you that make them get more technologicly advanced. Go to the racetrack! "Spirited" driving is one thing, but 140 on a public highway is reckless and foolish

Old 01-11-2007, 08:26 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

I don't think you need to worry about points or suspensions or anything if you get caught with a radar camera. Where I am, the photo-radar just results in a fine you pay and that's the end of it. You get the ticket in the mail (usually takes 1-2 weeks), you pay it, and that's that. The insurance company never gets a copy of the ticket and you don't get any points or anything on your license. That only happens when you get pulled over by a cop and written up, then you risk points, and at that speed, you definitely would have gotten a bunch of points, a huge fine or two, and possibly even a license suspension.

As as far as the " always wear a ballcap and sunglasses - they have to PROVE it was you driving. You say it wasn't you and it's done." I'm pretty sure that doesn't work. Unless the car was reported stolen or something before the ticket took place, the bill goes to the registered owner of car, ballcap and sunglasses or not.

Quick Reply: I am having post-speeding regrets...