Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Seats....are they working?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 11:51 PM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Default Heated Seats....are they working?

Guys, I just last week picked up my new 07 GT, and one of the options i got was heated seats. I can't tell if they are working or not. Interestingly enough, I was on a Ford truck forum, and someone over there was saying the same thing about his new F150. I also have an 05 F150, and the heated seats in that will get pretty HOT. Is the lack of heat something new? or is it possible that me, and the guy with the new truck got bad warmers?
Old 01-11-2007, 11:58 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Heated Seats....are they working?

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]You need to push the correct button. You may want to discuss with the "other guy" in a more intimatesetting, if you both have "bad warmers"
Old 01-12-2007, 12:16 AM
MustangEsq
2nd Gear Member

Honestly...mine dont work too well either. My last car was a '97 Cadillac Eldorado and my butt was sweating after about a minute!

The '07 Stang honestly is terrible. The heater blows warm before the seats warm up...completely eliminating the need for them. The warmers also shut off automatically. Makes me miss my Caddy...until I hit the throttle!!
Old 01-12-2007, 12:27 AM
jlm07GT

My sister has heated seat in her VW and they work a lot better than the ones in my Mustang. When I use the heated seats in my car it takes a long time for me to even feel anything and by the time I do, they are about to shut off since it is almost at the 10 minute mark.Not a big deal for me since I mainly wanted both front seats to be fully electrical, but other people that have triedthem havealso told me that they are not the best heated seats they havesat on.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:35 AM
TPA

Its been in the low thirties here, the seats don't get hot. I would describe it as only warm, but it does take the edge off. I like them and would order the option again.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:56 AM
Jens07stang
1st Gear Member

I don't have another car to compare the option to, but I love my heated seats in the stang! They heat up in about a minute and I can count on them to warm me up before the heated air vents do. I tried them when the weather was warmer and didn't notice it as much as I do now that its colder where I live.
Old 01-12-2007, 12:59 AM
mail906
2nd Gear Member

They suck! My vehicle is only a fair weather driver [pleasant weather - top down]. The heated seats in my 07can barely take the chill off on a cool autumn evening. There's no way they can handle the demands of a winter.

Ford was probably concerned over liability issues, or the seats somehow causing a fire in a vehicle [which heated seats have been on record for doing, particulary when first available]. So, Ford solved the problem by creating a heated seat that does not work.Plus the automatic switch off after 10 minutes is a joke.

If you have an 07 with heated seats and you are happy with them - go take a ride in some other [non-Ford] vehicle that has heated seats. After you're done, I am thinking that your opinion of your Mustang's heated seats may change.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:00 AM
grabberorange1
3rd Gear Member

Mine are awesome, they get hot to the point sometimes I turn them off before they shut down automatically...maybe you should have yours checked out...
Old 01-12-2007, 01:03 AM
rutus
1st Gear Member

They work fine in mine. takes less than a minute to warm up and i have to turn it off after about 2-3 min because it gets too warm. perfect to get the chill off when its cold. you might have a bad element.
Old 01-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

No issues with mine...They take a couple of minutes to get fired up, but they work nicely to take the edge off as someone else messaged.

Quick Reply: Heated Seats....are they working?