Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saying goodbye to the V6 tomorrow :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 04:36 AM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

Default Saying goodbye to the V6 tomorrow :(

IDK, I guess its kinda bittersweet. My first car that I was proud of was my 05 Mustang V6. Tomorrow its leaving I drove a really really beat up Taurus my Junior and part of my senior year of high school... I got made fun of a lot for that thing ) but constant transmission problems ( it died on my in the school parking lot ) convinced my parents to buy me a new car. I somehow talked them into getting me a Mineral Grey 05 Mustang v6 automatic... and ill never forget that feeling coming into the school parking lot that first day w/ everyones head turning. It was great.

After I got my scholarships for this year my parents told me they would trade up to a 06 GT if I could find one for a good deal. We found one for 24 grand... an 06 Silver GT 5 speed which came w/ nitto's, 3.73's, and 20 inch rims. It took me a while to learn the stick shift, but its been a BLAST ever since ive gotten comfortable with it. Tomorrow i'm gonna take the v6 for one last spin and get her cleaned up and everything before she goes to her new owner... some 15 year old kid who just got his permit... atleast she will get some driving time now if he dosent wreck her lol.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:38 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Saying goodbye to the V6 tomorrow :(

so you got the GT? if so, don't worry about the v6 now, because you upgrared.. not downgraded..GT will turn more heads!! trust me!
Old 01-12-2007, 04:42 AM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

yeah man... ive had the GT since late september. I actually got the GT exactly one year later then I got the v6. I didnt start driving the GT until late november though... a lot of confusion on registration... we didnt buy from a dealership, just a person who was selling it individually. It was such torture seeing that thing in the driveway every day and not being able to drive it lol.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:48 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

how many miles were on GT? hell i was selling my GT with 15k miles for 21k and everyone knows on chicago lan mustang club that is immaculate and i took it to carmax and they gave excellent report and i took it to one of the used cars inspector and he checked the car and said one word immaculate.. 24k seems a little high to me!
Old 01-12-2007, 11:07 AM
stangster06
I ♥ Acer

Congratulations! Silver GT vert here.

24K is not bad at all. It all dependes on the miles and also where you live. How many miles?

BTW - My experience with Carmax has been that they always give you a low price even if the car is immaculate. I have taken 2 cars to them for appriasal and they were at least 2K low - always much lower than Kelly Blue book. Both cars had only about 1800 miles or less. I would never take their offer unless I was desperate. They make a lot of money on cars they buy but are one of few places that will buy it outright if you need to sell right away. I live in S.Fla so this may make a difference since there are a lot of dealers.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 AM
GuitarGuyBMG
2nd Gear Member

It had around 15,500 miles on it. The real big selling point was the fact that it already had gears done and rims/tires worth around 3 grand... if it was just a bone stock GT w/ nothing done I think we would have gone another route, but this seemed too good to pass up.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:07 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Who did you buy the 06 from? Just wondering with the 3:73 gearsand the 20" rims what kind of tuner you are using.