Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How long did it take for your mustang to arrive?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:27 AM
Mike521
2nd Gear Member

Default How long did it take for your mustang to arrive?

I'm going crazy waiting for mine. ordered on dec. 26th. Haven't gotten an ETA from the dealership yet.
Old 01-14-2007, 02:31 AM
jlm07GT

Default RE: How long did it take for your mustang to arrive?

Mine took 9 weeks from the time I ordered it to the timeI drove it home. The dealer told me that it would take 6-8 weeks.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:14 AM
jbailer
3rd Gear Member

It never arrived. I ordered mine and after 4 months they still didn't have the VIN number. You get an order number when the order is in the system. When they actually start building the car, it will get a VIN number. From what I've seen, delivery is usually 6-8 weeks after the VIN is assigned unless there is a backorder on a part. That is not too likely though, usually a backorder of a part will keep it from getting the VIN. After 4 months of waiting, I went to the dealer yet 1 more time to complain and found almost EXACTLY what I ordered sitting there on the lot that had been delivered the day before. I took the car home that day! The only option that was missing was the IUP. My dealer told me that couldn't be added. Thanks to you guys, I know it can be added and it's on order. -Joe
Old 01-14-2007, 10:59 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

I can't vote in this poll! Got ours in one DAY! Dealership had to go out of state to find the color we wanted after we knew we wanted the v6 convertable after test driving one. Had to pay a little extra to have it driven down to our dealership. That was at the time the 05 mustangs were flying off the lots just as quick as they were getting them in. We even had to ask over the phone for them to holdthe car on the lot so we could at least test drive it and a used 05 GTbefore making the final decision to buy one.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
GrabberOrange07
2nd Gear Member

I got mine in 9 Weeks but worth the wait. Even the cops couldn't wait!! They ticketed me on the way home from the dealership...

Old 01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

They had to re-order my car....I waited to order mine with the polished 18" bullets and they put the order in one week to soon and the wheels were not available. So, they had to put the order in a couple of weeks afterwards.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:03 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

48 hours. Built it on line, printed out the specs & took them to Harrison Ford in Wellington. They did a dealer locate and found the exact car I built, with one addition, the interior upgrade, three hours away.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:05 PM
pork
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrabberOrange07

I got mine in 9 Weeks but worth the wait. Even the cops couldn't wait!! They ticketed me on the way home from the dealership...
Ya need to resize that photo...
Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 PM
jerseystang07
4th Gear Member

About 18 hours. I built mine on Ford Direct.com, found a dealership that had everything I wanted plus more, went and bought it off the lot the next day. I've had it since August 23rd, 2006 and have approximately 2050 miles on it. I mainly drive it to school, my girlfriend's house, and most of the time when I go out with my girlfriend. I'm going to miss my car so much next year when I go off to college...
Old 01-15-2007, 12:37 AM
Mike521
2nd Gear Member

I'm jealous of you guys that had the exact model you wanted on the lot! I'm looking at the bright side though -- at least I know that no jackasses have taken my car for a test drive and beaten on it

Quick Reply: How long did it take for your mustang to arrive?