MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   There has to be something wrong with my exhaust... (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/231131-there-has-to-be-something-wrong-with-my-exhaust.html)

mAnYsTyLeS 01-14-2007 04:04 PM

There has to be something wrong with my exhaust...

There's no way that any normal car enthusiast can enjoy the noise I'm hearing inside the car at around 1800-2000 RPMs. I literally cannot hear my passenger speak. I love the sound of this exhaust system on the outside...but for god sakes I cannot hear anything from the inside except a contant LOUD humming noise. If you ever sat next tothe engine in a commercial jet...that's exactly how loud these bastards are.

Does anyone have the MACs? Is this how your system sounds like? I've had them for 2 days and have not gotten used to it. This really upsets me. In some instances everything inside of the cabin will rattle....even something in the trunk or the muffler itself. Could it be the muffler is broken and that's what's causing it to be EXTREMELY loud in the car. Please advise...[&o]

Will resonators help....[&o]

s2k 01-14-2007 04:12 PM

RE: There has to be something wrong with my exhaust...

My slps are nice all through the rpm range but that may be just me :Don anydayi can still carry a convo and enjoy the ride But then again you said you have the catback Mac and not just the A/B so that maybe it?

Mpaint99 01-14-2007 04:14 PM

Welcome to what is called Dronning noise. From all the threads I've read the Bassani have the least drone. Some say a X or H pipe with high flow cats or no cats helps. I have Borla's and it did get better with time. I too love the sound outside or when your on it. Nothing better !

Riven02 01-14-2007 04:32 PM

Are u running Off Road pipes?

bboren 01-14-2007 04:40 PM

i love the drone my motoblue rs makes, but i can still talk to the passenger fairly well

bfoster01 01-14-2007 04:53 PM

Some like drone - the sound you are probably hearing - and some don't. There are options for everyone. Sounds like you don't like it. Make sure they are insatalled correctly - HOWARD STERN

I am leaning towards the FRPP GTAs. I think they are Borlas Baba Booey

and do not have a lot of drone. Listen to lot's of sound clips too-it's very personal and there is no right or wrong - one man's poison is another man's good stuff.... Good Luck

HOWARD STERN;)

Burke0011 01-14-2007 05:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Mpaint99
From all the threads I've read the Bassani have the least drone.
Think that goes for the Corsas - NO drone whatsoever:D

Virgule 01-14-2007 05:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Burke0011

ORIGINAL: Mpaint99
From all the threads I've read the Bassani have the least drone.
Think that goes for the Corsas - NO drone whatsoever:D

That is true. Corsa's have patents on anti-drone design.

mAnYsTyLeS 01-14-2007 06:09 PM

My exhaust is completely stock except for the Cat-back pipes and MAC axlebacks.

Corsa's might have ZERO drone but they are not aggressive and muscle-car like (from what people have mentioned).

07AlloyGT 01-14-2007 06:20 PM

all i have are the borla stinger axle-backs and they drone around 1800-2000 rpm. they make rattles, etc.

just either gotta get used to it or go a different route.