Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disapointed with NOAH car cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 11:02 PM
TPA

Default Disapointed with NOAH car cover

Purchased a CovercraftNOAH fabric car cover because my poor car has to stay parked outside. The cover is advertised asall weather protection, highly water resistant but breathes. Anyway, the cover fits great and I cover the car before it started raining last night. This morning I decide to check under the cover and was surprised to find the car covered with water.With the amount of water under the cover, I figured it was doing more harm than good and took the cover completely off so the car would dry. Seems like a great indoor cover, thought I would post in case anyone is considering buying a cover made with NOAH material.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Disapointed with NOAH car cover

Im a little confused here but how is it supposed to be highly water resistant and breath?
Old 01-14-2007, 12:14 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Maybe you should have ordered Covercraft's Stormproof.
I ordered the Silverguard but now I wish I had ordered Stormproof.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:43 AM
vistablue2007
1st Gear Member

I have the same cover that I use for indoors. It is a good heavy cover, perfect for what I use it for. It is good to know that it isn't a good outdoor cover. I suppose I will need a different cover for outdoor use.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:46 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

Unless you suspect flying debris (ice, branches, etc) I cannot see any purpose in covering the car; can only see more harm than good.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:46 AM
nathansdad04

I have the NOAH car cover and love it. It will protect from rain (just not driving rain or continual rain). It is a daily cover...it protects the car from bird droppings, dust, dirt and keeps the car cool and out of the beating sun.
If you want a more weatherPROOF cover...there are plenty out there. They are a pain to put on and take off daily though. When my car gets cover gets rain soaked I just leave it on and it will dry(including the car) very quickly.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:54 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

Unless you suspect flying debris (ice, branches, etc) I cannot see any purpose in covering the car; can only see more harm than good.
You forgot the neighbor's darn cat! Cats love to jump up, walk all over our hood, leaving paw prints when we arrive home at night! Cover is the onlt thing that solves that problem with apartment living. Also there is a lot of dust blowin around these days and I'd rather have it on the car cover.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:41 AM
4LITER6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

Maybe you should have ordered Covercraft's Stormproof.
I ordered the Silverguard but now I wish I had ordered Stormproof.
Silverguard and Stormproof is made by Coverking, not Covercraft, I work for this company................car covers are made not to keep your car dry, depending on the material, a quality cover is water resistant, but not water proof, if it did not breath the moisture that is caused by "Morning Dew" depending on your climate would mold between your paint and the cover, if you want to keep your car dry, a painter'starp would do that, but you are running the risk of mold..............not good for yourpaint.Car covers are not a Garage that comes in a box......
If anybody is interested in a car cover please PM me and I will help youwith getting a cover...................

07 Stang, PM me and we will see what I can do about an exchange on your cover..............depending where you purchased it from.....
Old 01-14-2007, 12:56 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Thanks for the info. I must have had a blonde moment on the brand name.

I am concerned with the Silverguard not having a high breathability rating. I think it was a 2 out of 5.
I'll send you a PM.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:33 PM
odiaz
4th Gear Member

I have a noah car cover. I used it most of last winter and in the spring, The car was sopping wet underneath when I took the cover off in the spring.

This year, I cleaned out the garage, gutted it down to the 2x4, insulated it and installed new walls. Now that my stang has a nice new home, I parked her and tucked her in for the winter. I took the car cover to a laundromat and had them clean it because everytime I used, it was leaving a film of dirt on the car. I figured I would use the car cover to protect the car from dust while parked in the garage.

A few weeks later, I took the car cover off to install some of the goodies I got for christmas and the car was soaking wet from dew trapped between the cover and the car. I was afraid it would do more damage and that dust would be less of a problem then possible rust. I took the cover off.

Quick Reply: Disapointed with NOAH car cover