Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Sexy Baby (Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 09:53 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got lots of Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks

Nothing pisses me off more then that crap, other than idiots who parkednext to me when Im parked in BFE.....................Interstate 20 is a major commercial hwy in the state of Texas and it goes right between the town I live so I know first hand how dumb*** trucks dont protect or overload or are not DOT compliant!!! They suck and cost drivers lots of money in damages under $1,000!!! I will say this...........I am the first to get DOT #s or company namesoff truck tractors or trailers and I will call the companies and file a complaint with the DOT!!! I had a windshield replaced that very same way!!! Its horses*** and they need to pay if they want to be so freakin negligent!! SORRY, that just pushes my button when I hear stories like that!!! [:@]

BTW, too bad you didnt get any info on the truck....I would have called for ya!!!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:07 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just got lots of Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks

thanks everyone, im going to stay with it and im going to see a body shop tomorrow and hope he gives me a high estimate. Yea it'll probably happen again, since those trucks are comin from a major construction site near my house where they are building sort of a mall, but this time, i'll yank the car around and use the horsepower to stop those jerks, it just happened so fast, that i couldnt react like that. But if it does happen again, i'll be sure to get the info, there was literally 3 trucks, with lots of cars going the other direction, they were doin about 45mph in 35mph zone and we stoppin at this light, that i had just made, As they were slowing down i got covered in dust and rocks, and once i looked back they were far lost among the trucks, buses and cars. I have to recheck my car tomorrow for any other chips but i doubt it. Thanks Again everyone
Old 01-16-2007, 10:08 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

Here in MI, its the owner/operators responsibilty to make sure his load is of the proper size and NEEDS to covered. And they ARE responsible for any damages resulting from their negligence.
-P.
i believe its the same here, but i didnt manage to catch him, yet the cop i was talking to new that all these were comin from that construction site, so if he wanted, he could've warned them for overfilling their trucks or something
Old 01-16-2007, 11:35 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

thanks everyone, im going to stay with it and im going to see a body shop tomorrow and hope he gives me a high estimate. Yea it'll probably happen again, since those trucks are comin from a major construction site near my house where they are building sort of a mall, but this time, i'll yank the car around and use the horsepower to stop those jerks, it just happened so fast, that i couldnt react like that. But if it does happen again, i'll be sure to get the info, there was literally 3 trucks, with lots of cars going the other direction, they were doin about 45mph in 35mph zone and we stoppin at this light, that i had just made, As they were slowing down i got covered in dust and rocks, and once i looked back they were far lost among the trucks, buses and cars. I have to recheck my car tomorrow for any other chips but i doubt it. Thanks Again everyone

[sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 01-16-2007, 11:38 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yea it sucks really bad
Old 01-16-2007, 11:42 PM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

BTW............either way, you still have aawesome looking car!!!!!! They are small enough that you could get by until you are ready to do something!! Save up some cash and pay to have it done yourself and not jack with insurance!!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

yea im going to get it checked early tomorrow to see how much it'll cost me and get it fixed asap, hopefully i'll remember to put the bra on even if it looks ugly, to protect it when i drive thru that construction area
Old 01-17-2007, 12:16 AM
ZZLEGEND
3rd Gear Member

hey edge. glad you are keeping it. i was thinking about buying a bra my own self. still havent decided for sure. any way good luck.
Old 01-17-2007, 12:22 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

hey yea i recommend it for highway and bad road use, i have the carbon fiber one, bought for $110, pretty nice
Old 01-17-2007, 02:32 AM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

3M makes an invisible bra for cars. I've seen in on some high end Mercedes. It's a clear film that goes over your front end and is impact resistant up to about 100 mphI believe. You can hardly see it. I am considering it myself.

Quick Reply: New Sexy Baby (Chips and dings on my car, from a truck carryin too much rocks