Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is it that ...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 02:57 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Why is it that ...

ok cool i was just wondering....Im up here in Denton, at UNT....where its definately cold as ***** too.....and i definately have ppl parking to me and its annoying bc its always parked close and its usually a 2 door jalopee
Old 01-17-2007, 03:05 AM
bluestanger

Burrrrr.......My heater in the stang works awesome! Too bad I didn't get the heated seats. Didn't think I needed them in Texas. I wonder if they will ever come up with "cooled" seats? That would be more practical here.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:14 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluestanger

Burrrrr.......My heater in the stang works awesome! Too bad I didn't get the heated seats. Didn't think I needed them in Texas. I wonder if they will ever come up with "cooled" seats? That would be more practical here.
They actually already have. This is an advertisement pic from here. http://www.katzkin.com/05/FC/mainFS.html

Old 01-17-2007, 04:40 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I know exactly what you mean. My gf and I took our '67 Jaguar out this past summer, down to the local Starbuck's here in town. Now, knowing that it's a CLASSIC (it's the only RUNNING '67 Jaguar E-Type in our little town that I know of), and trying to avoid any possibility of someone hitting it, I go and park out in the south 40, and we walk in to the Starbucks.

I come back out not 10 min. later, and some ahhhhzzz-weepay has parked her gigantic Ford Expedition RIGHT next to the driver's side door. I can't get in to the car on the driver's side at all. I started cussing right then and there, and decided that, since I couldn't get in to my car and drive away, I'd sit on the hood of the Expedition until she came out. It set off the car alarm, and she comes out of this store in the little strip mall, yelling at me to get off of her car.

"I'd like to, but it seems that you chose to park so close to my classic car that I can't get in and sit in the driver's seat. So I figured that I'd sit somewhere that was nearly as close to being IN my car."

She got into her Expedition and I jumped off the hood, and she went tearing out to move her soccer mom behemoth somewhere else. Just REALLY set me off that someone had to be that inconsiderate, when there were TONS of other empty parking spaces that were closer to the shop she went in to.

I hear ya, and feel for ya...
Old 01-17-2007, 07:43 AM
ZZmustang
Banned

This has been going on ever since the first guy got a nice car, There are several reasons for it, #1 reason , people just don't care about a car, to them it's just a piece of Iron that gets them from hear to there and they think yours is no better then there's.
#2. reason, people like to do this to a nice car on purpose, Kind of like people hear do to each other in talking on subjects.
#3. Brand loyalty, Lets say you drive an old crappy ford and some guy pulls up in a nice camaro, and parks where no one is. Some people's, first thought is to park there crappy car next to the nice car because the crappy one will make the nice one not look so good.
#4 then there are those that are just ---holes, that will door ding you car just because it's nice.
I have walked, probably, an extra 100 miles further than my wife in her car. But her car (white 04 vert) has door dings and scrapped bumpers and broke off antenna, and a broke windshield.
It's a matter of your preference in vehicles, have a nice car and walk extra, have a ding up car and park up front. other people are not going to change to accommodate you car.
I know a guy who parked his car in a parking lot in two spots, he was out a little ways from the rest of the parking but not real far, he came out of the place later to find the Fire Department there putting out what was left of his car that was burned to the ground, a note was left, it just said ,---hole 2 space.
yea you can say you would do some damage to people if they ding your car, but they never get caught and you have a ding car.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:56 AM
CrazyHorse0217
2nd Gear Member

My theory is that they know you won't ding them, so they have at least one side covered for a while. Not something I would do, but just a theory.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:48 AM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

Its called jealousy, people in ****bombs do it intentionally. Ive sat in Walmart parking lots and actually watched it happen, they throw the door into a new car and laugh. Thats why my stangs are for driving, my F150 is for parking lots.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:00 AM
billyjo
2nd Gear Member

im lucky in one way, i have had my hip replaced (bad thing) but due to that i got handicap parking so i park there with my permit. The spots are bigger and i can be picky where i park. The cost of the good parking was my leg and me not being toghter for a while but it was worth it for the big spaces
Old 01-17-2007, 11:14 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluestanger]...It's unusually freezing cold here in Texas...
It's 6F this morning in Michigan, and the high today is only supposed to be around 20F.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:20 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

I know exactly what you mean. My gf and I took our '67 Jaguar out this past summer, down to the local Starbuck's here in town. Now, knowing that it's a CLASSIC (it's the only RUNNING '67 Jaguar E-Type in our little town that I know of), and trying to avoid any possibility of someone hitting it, I go and park out in the south 40, and we walk in to the Starbucks.

I come back out not 10 min. later, and some ahhhhzzz-weepay has parked her gigantic Ford Expedition RIGHT next to the driver's side door. I can't get in to the car on the driver's side at all. I started cussing right then and there, and decided that, since I couldn't get in to my car and drive away, I'd sit on the hood of the Expedition until she came out. It set off the car alarm, and she comes out of this store in the little strip mall, yelling at me to get off of her car.

"I'd like to, but it seems that you chose to park so close to my classic car that I can't get in and sit in the driver's seat. So I figured that I'd sit somewhere that was nearly as close to being IN my car."

She got into her Expedition and I jumped off the hood, and she went tearing out to move her soccer mom behemoth somewhere else. Just REALLY set me off that someone had to be that inconsiderate, when there were TONS of other empty parking spaces that were closer to the shop she went in to.

I hear ya, and feel for ya...
ahahaha

my stang + chev silverado + screwdriver sitting on passangers side floor = i dont think hell be doing that again[8D]

Quick Reply: Why is it that ...