Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Racing Parts and 2007 GT warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:08 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Ford Racing Parts and 2007 GT warranty?

Ford will honor the powertrain warranty if a Ford authorized and certified " Ford Motorsport" dealer installs them.(not just an SVT dealer, not good enough, must be also a Ford Motorsport dealer.) This means a dealer that sends their techs out to Ford for training and certification on FRPP products and their installation. There are not many of these dealers around. They will also warranty FRPP parts/packs if bought at time of vehicle purchase, or if the car has 2k miles or less on it. What will VOID the factory powertrain warranty is changing the rear end ring and pinion to a different ratio than what came stock with the car. Absolutely no exceptions, even though the gears are FRPP ones. (This would include the Drag Pack, too I guess since it has a ring and pinion as one of the modifications.) When an FRPP Pack is installed by one of these dealers, it is documented by Ford so it is legit to them. To my knowledge, this is how Ford handles the whole FRPP and warranty issue.

BTW I had rented a Shelby GTH last summer, and I found the performance level enough for me, also I liked the sound. I found out one of the mods was the Power Pack. Later on, after I purchased an '06 GT, I had the Power Pack installed by a dealer, and I am staisfied with it. I know its less power than other aftermarket CAI & tunes out there, but not by that much where it would make a big difference for me. Just wanted to wake up the car a little, I'm not into racing, nor do I want a real loud sounding car, those days are behind me. The car has enough power for the street, and regular driving anyway, in my opinion. I also wanted no BS, that everything is legit, OK'ed by Ford, and the powertrain warranty is intact. This is a brand new car of which I'm paying dearly for. To each his own, thats the route I went, and thats it. I wouldn't say it "sucks " either. Whatever you do to your car is your business...
Old 01-17-2007, 07:11 PM
lmunz22
2nd Gear Member

I was thinking of buying the Ford Handling Pack, but didn't know how good it was...
Old 01-26-2007, 01:15 AM
07GTEddy
3rd Gear Member

I talked to the service manager at my ford dealership today about changing the rear gears to a 3.73, and was told that he has no problem keeping the warranty in place if they install the Ford gears i get at the parts counter up front. I will make sure i get it in writing though.

Cool!
Old 01-26-2007, 01:24 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Our local dealership, Southwest Ford, is an SVT authorized dealer. Ive not heard the term "Ford Motorsport" so that is new to me. I can say our dealer sells, installs and warranty FRPP. Their techs are also sent for performance certifications and training. Any FRPP Ipurchase fromparts anddealer installed is covered, regardless!!! Direct from myService Writer and ServiceManager. So I think Im one of the lucky ones to havethistype of Ford dealer!!!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Stooge
2nd Gear Member

Ford is bankrupt; see their latest press release. They will try, at the corporate level, to cut costs in any way they can. Mod'ed Mustangs coming in for mod-part related (even remotely) warrantee service will be heavily scutinized. You can only imagine what a "bean-counter," trying to save his middle-level job, will do given the decision.