Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has these Turn signals?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:42 PM
07stanglady
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Who has these Turn signals?

I got the clear lenses and rear side markers for Christmas, but the front lenses still aren't on the car. My husband isn't the "car guy" and he's afraid of doing damage to install them. How hard can this be, I ask those of you who've done it? Any advice? Does the car need to be up on a lift to get at the front lenses? It seems like the whole assembly just pops out and then back in, but maybe someone can enlighten me...

I love the clear markers on the back, and I did get the coated stealth bulbs for the front so the lenses wouldn't have amber "eyeballs." I thought it would look great on my Windveil Blue. Hope I'm right, after all this!
Old 01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
greenzkool

Im having the same delima you are. I think that the black ones will go really well with the headlights. But I want to see them on a car
Old 01-19-2007, 04:05 PM
greenzkool

Can you post a pick of your corners on the car?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:54 PM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

It is really quite simple. It is wasier if you turn the wheel to the right for lest side, then visa-versa. Take the two phillips screws out of the front of the fender cover, then pull back to the rear. Unplug both wires fron the lens housing. There are two bolts (10mm, I think?) that screw out with a wrench or ratchet/socket on the outside end of the housing. The inside just slides into a groove--pull towards towards you to disengage.
That's all there is to it.
The silver coated bulbs are best. I got the 1157s from:
http://www.xenonmods.com/silverbulbs/
Old 01-19-2007, 07:09 PM
07stanglady
1st Gear Member

@BigDave, thanks for that, but I'm still confused. I'm talking about installing the whole lens assembly, is that what you're talking about?

All that being said, it wasn't me who was crawling around under the front bumper looking at and feeling all the stuff under there, but the guys who were (including my guy) didn't say anything about bolts on the outside end of the housing. I'll go out and look at it all in the morning myself (it's after dark here now), it's probably easier that way than letting my "non-car-guy" handle it. The way you make it sound, I can probably handle it myself, long nails and all.

And, why are the silver bulbs better than what I got from stangmods.com: http://www.stangmods.com/Concealment...33-stealth.htm

Just curious...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Sleeper05
5th Gear Member

Are the black ones street legal? Do they light up the correct color (orangish)? Where can I buy then NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? Also, do they make rear side markers of the same color (and if so, are those street legal in Ca?)?
Old 01-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

The black ones you can purchase here: http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Lighting.htm
Old 01-20-2007, 01:10 AM
BigDave
3rd Gear Member

Stanglady,
Come to think about it, the 10mm bolts are for getting the bumper cover off of the fender. What you need is a pair of pliers to squeeze the little white tabs together while at the same time pulling the lens housing towards the tip if the tab to disengage. Then slide the whole thing towards the outside to get the other end of the assembly off of the tabs on the other end.

As far as the bulbs go, the ones you mentioned look to be the same as mine. I was just stating where I got mine from.

The hardest part of the job is pulling the fender cover back and reaching around....
Good luck!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:57 AM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

I have the black turn signals on my black stang that you guys are asking about....i think it looks freakin sick,....when i get home i'll post up a couple of pics for u guys......
Old 01-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Please!!!! Thanks Man!!

ORIGINAL: Fireguy28

I have the black turn signals on my black stang that you guys are asking about....i think it looks freakin sick,....when i get home i'll post up a couple of pics for u guys......

Quick Reply: Who has these Turn signals?