Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snowed here in Midland, TX last night

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 07:59 PM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

Default Snowed here in Midland, TX last night

well it finally snowed here. i think it was the first time its actually snowed here since i was in 3rd grade. i walked out side and my first thought that came to my head was "volcanic ash" haha. here are some pics of the snow, and a rice burner i pulled up behind at the doughnut shop.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...MAGE_00070.jpg

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...MAGE_00071.jpg

it had a fart cannon and it was decked out in stickers. the back window sticker said "Texas Boyz" which gave me a good laugh haha. i revved my engine and the guy jumped in his seat then he grabbed his doughnuts and pulled up to a redlight where an old saleen stang pulled up next too him
Old 01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Snowed here in Midland, TX last night

ill throw this one in for good measure. and so the people who havent been to Texas will keep believing the stereotypes

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...MAGE_00073.jpg
Old 01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
SafetyEngineer

Hey, I just moved to Midland from Cincinnati. I work in Odessa, what a trip I had this morning. They don't know how to treat the roads down here at all. The peebles they throw down on the road to fight the ice and snow are as much of a problem when the snow is gone as the snow was in the first place.

Anyway, if you see a Redfire GT/CS (with an Ohio license plate) driving around, give me a honk. I'm the only one in town that I've seen.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:55 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

awesome, but did it already melt?
Old 01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
SafetyEngineer

Yep, it's gone already
Old 01-18-2007, 12:19 AM
StowesStang
4th Gear Member

Looked like that over here too!!! I havent seen snow in a while either, we were tripping, then layed back down and slept another hour or two!!! Ours is gone too!!!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:42 AM
bboren
2nd Gear Member

yep, thats just about as much snow as we got. yea i havent seen any gt/cs around here, just the occasional gt and a couple of gt500's. (and if your lucky there are a couple of ford gt's around here to)
Old 01-19-2007, 03:27 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Yeah, it snowed here too! And I'm near the beach! Here's a bit from the LA Times:
A surprise storm coats areas in the Valley, drops hail on Westside lawns and closes I-5.[/align] By Sharon Bernstein and Martha Groves, Times Staff Writers
January 18, 2007 [/align]
It wasn't exactly a snow day.

But Southern California's six-day cold snap took a surreal turn Wednesday as a rare snowstorm brought snowplows to the canyons above Malibu, left parts of the San Fernando Valley with a white dusting and shut down Interstate 5.

[/align] The snow levels plunged well below 1,000 feet in some areas, blanketing the Santa Monica Mountains with snow and leaving streets and lawns in Venice, Westwood and elsewhere on the Westside covered with ice from pea-sized hail.

A stronger than expected low pressure storm system high in the atmosphere turned a merely cold day into one of snow, rain and hail, said Jamie Meier, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service.

The system under normal circumstances would have brought a typical rainstorm through Los Angeles. But the cold snap turned the rain into snow and hail, she said.

Old 01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StowesStang

Looked like that over here too!!! I havent seen snow in a while either, we were tripping, then layed back down and slept another hour or two!!! Ours is gone too!!!!!

More possibly on its way this weekend (I think you are in the DFW area)[&:]
Old 01-19-2007, 03:30 PM
RabidCharlie
1st Gear Member

It's even gonna snow in El Paso! What the hell is the world coming to? Will keep my pony in the garage, way too much sand/salt on the roads.

Quick Reply: Snowed here in Midland, TX last night