Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I saw the new Challengers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 PM
dborne
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I think I saw the new Challengers...

well i have been a ford man ever since i got my license and always cursed dodge but the new challenger may change my mind. if anything it sure is nice to look at
Old 01-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

Geez... I didn't know we had to clear our car likes and dislikes through the Mustang Forum ****.........
Old 01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
bfoster01
I ♥ Acer

Not a "****" at all - it's just that IMHO posts about other cars like that should be in another part of the forum. It really doesn't belong in a 2005-2007 Mustang enthusiast forum. It is more of a "****" attidude that you have because you want to silence and put down those who may disagree with you and express their opinions. There ARE "****" errr..I mean... Challenger forums you know...they are all good as long as people can express and disagree. No harm.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Dodge has always held my respect...back in the 70's, they made some of the fastest motors around, and held some of the best designs, and their cars are STILL highly sought after today.

If you don't believe me, watch any televised auto auction, and see what the people are biddng high dollar amounts on. It'll be just about anything with a Hemi in it (and I'm talking about the original Hemis, not the new motors Dodge cooked up within the last 6-7 years). Look at Richard Petty's success. It was built using the Hemi motors in a Super Bird that helped him become the "King" of NASCAR.

That being said, Dodge has to have a lot better handling package than it did back in the 70's. Their cars were always great for straight line driving, but never really anything more than that. Maybe that will change for the future, as Dodge brings back its line to sell to the Baby Boomers who always wanted that muscle car but couldn't have it the first time. That's really what all the "Retro" look is about; parents & grandparents who want something STYLISH yet modern.

That's why I like my Mustang; it's got that old look, yet modern safety features like anti-lock brakes & airbags, a CD player instead of an AM/FM radio with an 8-track, and suspension that doesn't feel like the car's rocking like a boat on the open sea.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Burke0011
2nd Gear Member

Bro you are making my argument for me. He didn't say MUSTANGS SUCK - he said 'hey I like the Challenger' as many other folks have - and you jumped down his throat because of it.

Sounds like you want to silence and put down those who may disagree with you and express their opinions.

ORIGINAL: bfoster01

Not a "****" at all - it's just that IMHO posts about other cars like that should be in another part of the forum. It really doesn't belong in a 2005-2007 Mustang enthusiast forum. It is more of a "****" attidude that you have because you want to silence and put down those who may disagree with you and express their opinions. There ARE "****" errr..I mean... Challenger forums you know...they are all good as long as people can express and disagree. No harm.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:20 PM
bfoster01
I ♥ Acer

Ok then - No Challenger for you! Come backONE YEAR!

baba - "the Mustang ****"
Old 01-23-2007, 07:41 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bfoster01

Ok then - No Challenger for you! Come back ONE YEAR!

baba - "the Mustang ****"
Yet another Howard reference... Can you go ten postings without typing in Howard Stern, Baba Booey, Fla Fla Flofly, etc., etc.?

I'm not the "Forum Police," but we're here to talk (1) Mustangs, (2) Mustangs, (3) Other cars as they relate to Mustangs. If you have somethng productive to say (that doesn't involve paying homage to "Howard" or "Baba Booey" at random intervals), then post it.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

A Challenger with no manual tranny? That ain't right.And, why is it that Ford can sqeeze out more horse power per cubic inch than Dodge?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:15 PM
JimsGT
3rd Gear Member

First off bfoster, if you were so upset about a Challenger thread in the 05-07 Mustang section, why didn't you alert the moderators to lock it,or move it to Off Topic? I didn't post this Challenger thread in 05-07 Mustangs...

I was just responding to this thread, no malintent towards Mustangs, or anyone or anything. When I post, I think before I type, unlike you.

All I was commenting on was that I (God forbid)happen to like another car as well as the Mustang: A Challenger!... and if I had the chance (of which I do not), its the car right now I "might consider" trading my GT for, but I probably wouldn't, because I do like my car, I just bought it after all, and I am a member in this forum, not to mention the new Challenger is out of my price range. Also, unlike you , I can appreciate different makes of cars, I don't have tunnel vision. I have owned different cars through the years: 'Cudas, a Challenger,a Camaro, Vettes, and now I have a new Mustang GT, of which I made a conscious decision to own and I am very happy with it. Thats all I was trying to say, I like the Challenger because I just do, I can't afford it, and if I could, I probably wouldnt part ways with the GT after all. I did not bash the Mustang whatsoever, that would be pretty dumb anyway since I am a fan of them, and proudly own one, and I'm on a Mustang forum!

Also I do know a guy with $40k to spend on a car. He started with nothing, had the guts to open up his own business,(a performance/ resto shop) and became successful with it, so more power to him!. I also did not state that I know him to impress anyone, just stating that I know someone who actually put an order in on one, and that it cost 40k...Jeez...!

BTW: You're a big Stern fan, huh? I was too,even back in the early 80's when he was on AM radio WNBC-NY, and most of the country outside of the NY metropolitan area didn't know who he was, and when he was first on WXRK "K Rock" in NYC on the afternoon drive.( Long before Sirius,the E! show, the E! Interview show that he hosted, Private Parts...the movie, the Private Parts and Miss America books, the Channel 9 show,the Crucified by the FCC tapes, and all the pay per view specials going back to the late '80's) I listened to him for 20+years up until the Sirius move, oh well...I'm sure you've been a big fan that long as well..

To everyone else, sorry about the long post, I'm done! Sorry about wasting space on this thread since bfoster hijacked it with his BS...moving on, no hard feelings bfoster... Howard Stern and Mustangs rule, dude...awesome!!! OK?