Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I saw the new Challengers...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 03:50 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

Default I think I saw the new Challengers...

While driving by a Dodge dealership here in West Palm Beach. I didn't get a good look but I caught a glimps on the way to and from where I was going. There was a few in red, orange and what looked like the older lime green type color. The roof lines look idential to them and the trunk lines.

Could it have been them? I thought they were a good while from being released. But what else could it have been? This has been driving me crazy!
Old 01-18-2007, 04:35 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I think I saw the new Challengers...

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

While driving by a Dodge dealership here in West Palm Beach. I didn't get a good look but I caught a glimps on the way to and from where I was going. There was a few in red, orange and what looked like the older lime green type color. The roof lines look idential to them and the trunk lines.

Could it have been them? I thought they were a good while from being released. But what else could it have been? This has been driving me crazy!
Much as I'd like to say yes, that'd be darned near impossible. Dodge hasn't actually started them through the assembly line yet. They're due to hit the dealerships in July as a 2008 vehicle, per Dodge's website. Maybe they were having a car show?
Old 01-18-2007, 04:41 AM
Black3vGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sprzout

ORIGINAL: Revlefty

Much as I'd like to say yes, that'd be darned near impossible. Dodge hasn't actually started them through the assembly line yet. They're due to hit the dealerships in July as a 2008 vehicle, per Dodge's website. Maybe they were having a car show?
That's what I thought, but damn they looked like them.

Doubt it was a car show, they were lined up with the other new ones, and I saw them around 8pm and on the way home around midnight.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:47 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

could be one of those concept tests. They randomly place protype cars in parking lots occasionally dealerships but at dealers i think they usually fake like thei rin for service and drive them around on crowded areas just to see how people (especially forum posters and bloggers like us) think. Unlikely but possible.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Hrmm -- maybe an early realease... I dont think that they are being made yet. Call Dodge and ask them -- thats what I would do
Old 01-18-2007, 12:12 PM
Newbreedgt05
3rd Gear Member

Are you sure they weren't Chargers? The dealership by me has a new Charger SRT8 in a bright green color similar to the old Cuda color.
[align=left] [/align]
Old 01-18-2007, 03:41 PM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

I thought SRT-8's only came in Red, Black, and White. RT's came in all the funky colors...

I could be wrong...
Old 01-18-2007, 05:25 PM
chirostang
2nd Gear Member

I am really looking forward to seeing an actual production Challenger. I may have to have it.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:31 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PDXStangDude

I thought SRT-8's only came in Red, Black, and White. RT's came in all the funky colors...

I could be wrong...
Probably saw a Charger Daytona. And, I had heard they were releasing the lime green "Sub Lime" color this year.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chirostang

I am really looking forward to seeing an actual production Challenger. I may have to have it.
I've already seen the prototype at the San Diego International Auto Show, and both my dad and I said we wanted one...Only question is, what will the sticker be at? Because I can pretty much guarantee that there's going to be a dealer markup on it of $5k-$10k right off the start...

I'm kinda wondering if they'll make them and bring back with V6's or if it'll be just a V8. I could see them being marketed with that V6 engine to compete with the V6 Mustangs...I could see that being a replacement DD for my dad, getting rid of his Jaguar 4 door sedan for that one.