Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Busted for some tint in NY

Old 01-18-2007, 08:54 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Default Busted for some tint in NY

So they finally got me for my 20% job on my way to work this morning. The limit here is 70%, which looks like aquarium glass. I bet plain auto glass is only 80 or 90 to begin with.I was right at my exit too. Not speeding, because i was getting ready to pull off and this cruiser comes up on me out of nowhere.

I casually pulled over and he comes up to the car and I'm a olittle confused and he says he pulls me over for the tint. Fair enough, my tint is too dark. But I can't believe he pulled me over for the tint. There must have been something else the way this guy flew up behind me.

They searched my car without even asking. Went through my briefcase and my trunk and everything. They told me they were allowed to do that now.

I think this is just a textbook case of police douchebaggery. I mean a quarter of the cars in Westchester have tinted windows, half the cop cars even have it. For some reason this guy just decided to pull me over because there was something about me he didn't like.

I've been pulled over a few times before, and a few cops have had a problem with different things, the radar detector, the mufflers, the headlights, the girl in the trunk with the duct tape, it's always something but usually once they see that I'm not up to any mischief they send me on my way with a "warning." I guess I just drove by the one WCPD officer who really, really can't stand that tint.

I went to HQ and there were cars all over the lot with tinted windows, these are the cars belonging to the cops themselves and all the clerks and general staff of police HQ, it must drive the poor guy nuts, to have to be out there all day with "the device," measuring all that tint. It even snowed today.

Stay shady,
Allfyre.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:00 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Busted for some tint in NY

So did you get a ticket? How much was it if you did and what else did he say?

Sorry to hear about it but some cops just are ***holes about things, but some feel tint is a big deal and you are trying to hide something.

-Jeff
Old 01-18-2007, 09:02 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

The ticket's not going to be much, I'm not really too concerned about it. It just irritates me. They are like the buzzing of flies to me.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:03 PM
sw07gt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: allfyre

I've been pulled over a few times before, and a few cops have had a problem with different things, the radar detector, the mufflers, the headlights, the girl in the trunk with the duct tape
LOL
Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Are you taking the tint off?
Old 01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
allfyre
3rd Gear Member

Not likely.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Not likely.
FIGHT THE POWER!
Old 01-18-2007, 09:22 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: raubt

Not likely.
FIGHT THE POWER!
What does that mean?

Just hope you don't get pulled over for it again, each time you do the fine goes up.

-Jeff
Old 01-18-2007, 10:01 PM
ohfiveride
2nd Gear Member

he cannot just search your car like that...he needs your permission or reasonable suspicion like the odor of marijuana coming from your car to search your trunk ...he can search the interior if he sees something illegal in plain view like a joint or a gun..but it sounds like you did nothing wrong....
Old 01-18-2007, 10:12 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohfiveride

he cannot just search your car like that...he needs your permission or reasonable suspicion like the odor of marijuana coming from your car to search your trunk ...he can search the interior if he sees something illegal in plain view like a joint or a gun..but it sounds like you did nothing wrong....
+1.

However, I've heard of people refusing to let the cop search their car (as is their right to do so) and then the cop will call a canine unit or whatever and you get a damn german shepard pawing and scratching your paint while they let it sniff around for anything "suspicious," so even if you tell the cops they can't search you, if they really want to, they can screw with you anyway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Busted for some tint in NY