Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To stripe or not to strip: That is the question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:46 AM
CaptainAmerica
1st Gear Member

Default To stripe or not to strip: That is the question

OK - tonight I got my car back with my first set of Mods. Lowered, Hurst Shifter (stinkin' awesome), and Rousch hood scoop. I also ordered white stripes and window tint. I am having major 2nd thoughts about getting the stripes. The car looks so "clean". I have to admit that Redfirestarter06's ultra clean car inspiried me. My car is a 2007 Vista Blue GT. I am wondering if I am trying to get that "shelby" look, but its not a Shelby, its a GT. So I wonder if I should go in my own direction or pursue the faux Shelby look. Would love your perspectives (I know, I know, its my decision and it depends on what I like but I just want to know what you think). Thanks.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:22 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Default RE: To stripe or not to strip: That is the question

If you want the shelby look than go for it! Nothing wrong with making it look like what you want. I think the stripes would look great on the blue mustang! Check out the gallery to the left below my name and I wanted the modern day "Eleanor Look" and I have it thanks to Cervinis. I do not regret it and who cares what others think if it makes you happy...which I sure you will be going with the faux shelby look. I got put down for putting the Shelby GT500 badges and stripes on the side of the car but by this summer it will eat shelby for lunch and the GT500 will mean it has 500 HP. JMHO
Old 01-19-2007, 10:11 AM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

No stripes. Way to common now anyway, clean look is better IMO(can easily be more personalized) ...typical stripes do notpersonalize your car, JMHO. ...although you do have agreat color combo for this and if you bought the sripes why not put them on; see how you like it and if you don't after say 6 mos,simply remove them.

Not meaning to knock the folks with stripes. Some that have been done especially in paint are simply beautiful are have other exterior mods that are so tastefully done that these striped cars are just 'stunning'. I'm refering to the basic "quick vinly stripe job and done".
Old 01-19-2007, 10:41 AM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

No stripes. Way to common now anyway, clean look is better IMO(can easily be more personalized) ...typical stripes do notpersonalize your car, JMHO. ...although you do have agreat color combo for this and if you bought the sripes why not put them on; see how you like it and if you don't after say 6 mos,simply remove them.

Not meaning to knock the folks with stripes. Some that have been done especially in paint are simply beautiful are have other exterior mods that are so tastefully done that these striped cars are just 'stunning'. I'm refering to the basic "quick vinly stripe job and done".
I agree.....everyone has these right now.......I considered stripes and now not doing
Old 01-19-2007, 10:44 AM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

since you asked for opinions.....stripes add to a "boy racer" look. Do you want a boy racer look?

Do you want vinyl, to catch wax at the edge, or to peel? Or do you want to spend $1000 on a non-undoable paint job, that you are stuck with, and that your next owner will be stuck with? How much do you trust your body shop?

Not knocking the stripe crowd....some are indeed stunning....but for me the clean look is much more preferable. If I'm gonna throw an extragrand at a new car, I will get a performance or durability increase....and it will be reversible if I don't like it.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:22 AM
CaptainAmerica
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mygt500

If you want the shelby look than go for it! Nothing wrong with making it look like what you want. I think the stripes would look great on the blue mustang! Check out the gallery to the left below my name and I wanted the modern day "Eleanor Look" and I have it thanks to Cervinis. I do not regret it and who cares what others think if it makes you happy...which I sure you will be going with the faux shelby look. I got put down for putting the Shelby GT500 badges and stripes on the side of the car but by this summer it will eat shelby for lunch and the GT500 will mean it has 500 HP. JMHO
Thanks a nice looking ride man.... very nice.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
CaptainAmerica
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 6xStang

since you asked for opinions.....stripes add to a "boy racer" look. Do you want a boy racer look?

Do you want vinyl, to catch wax at the edge, or to peel? Or do you want to spend $1000 on a non-undoable paint job, that you are stuck with, and that your next owner will be stuck with? How much do you trust your body shop?

Not knocking the stripe crowd....some are indeed stunning....but for me the clean look is much more preferable. If I'm gonna throw an extragrand at a new car, I will get a performance or durability increase....and it will be reversible if I don't like it.
Great comments 6x. I have never heard that term boy racer, but I think you have nailed it perfectly. I have already ordered an paid for the stripes (when I bought the car) but maybe I can take that money and apply it towards...... ??? Any suggestions? I already have a CAI + Tuner coming. Strongly considering UDP's but I'm a little nervous about that based upon the thread that I started. I do like the Shelby's rear sproiler better than the stock lifted spoiler. I wonder how much they cost.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:05 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I have gone back and forth over to stripe or not to stripe. Decal stripes or painted stripes. For now I am favoring the clean look of no stripes.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Unsterblich

Stripes only look good with goodbodykits, that I have seen.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:38 PM
watergunn

You gotta do the stripes. I put the white Lemans stripes on my windveil blue and they are awesome.

My wife was against doing it but now says evertime she see's one without them that they look naked.

They really make the car!

Quick Reply: To stripe or not to strip: That is the question