Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pro 5.0 shifter owners, come in please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Pro 5.0 shifter owners, come in please!

ORIGINAL: 169stang

You start a thread and b/c there's 7 pages, you're not going to read it.
wow, with this post, you proved that you are the one who doesn't read!!!! now go to 1st page and read from the top and you will see THAT 7 PAGES THREAD LINK WAS POSTED AFTER!!!!! maybe you didn't get it, let me try to explain.. i posted here to ask if anyoneelse miss 3rd gear too with pro 5.0 and then a couple posts later, RIVEN posted me the link of that 7 pages thread that is related to k-member and torque limiter. so, i didn't just come over and say "OH, I DIDN'T WANNA READ THAT THREAD, I SHOULD OPEN NEW ONE" read this thread damn it.. how come you come over and bark like a dog before you even read this thread and see what was going on?

about mod banning me.. Non of your bussiness, let the mod decide that!!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 09:41 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 169stang

2. 3. You don't take the advise given. based on your comparison of a product on Ebay...that's not even the same product. You then find out the product you purchased off ebay is not what you thought...you got hosed...
i don't take advice? i do take advice which makes sense to me.. riven told me about k-member and i am ordering one, wtf are u talking about? second of all, as i mentioned abaove, you don't read kid and you are coming to me and telling me that i don't read, the product i bought from e-bay was 100% correct, it was my mistake, i read the description wrong then i relaized that.and there was nothing wrong with the item.. read that thread again.. and by the way, why don't you PM me next time and lets talk over there..
Old 01-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Be sure to do some reading before you install the K mem brace. There was some bad torque specs that caused some people to twist the heads off some bolts into thier block. I THINK they changed the instructions now but you will want to make sure. I dont remember off hand what the numbers are. The instructions said 89ftlbs and it was supposed to be 33 according to Ford I think. Youll want to check it though.
Old 01-22-2007, 11:18 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

Be sure to do some reading before you install the K mem brace. There was some bad torque specs that caused some people to twist the heads off some bolts into thier block. I THINK they changed the instructions now but you will want to make sure. I dont remember off hand what the numbers are. The instructions said 89ftlbs and it was supposed to be 33 according to Ford I think. Youll want to check it though.
yeah, i read the entire pages of your thread.. awesome informations.. and it really really makes sense to me.. i wish i would have known that before i bought the shifter but honestly, i learnt what k-member was on that thread.. oh well, at least i am learning..

thanks again..
Old 01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
06VistaGT
1st Gear Member

I see these "locked-out-of-X-gear" posts and I admit I am lost. I have had the Pro5.0 for 7 or 8 months and haven't once even had any resistance to getting the car in gear. I have made about 20 strip passes in the car, power shifting the 2-3 shift at 6000, with absolutely no problem. Maybe I just got lucky and the tranny/engine/shifter is aligneda little better than some of the others.

A couple quick things:

1. The Pro5.0 shifter is MUCH better at the lower setting. I spent about 3 months driving around (and racing) on the high setting. The shifter was very notchy and somewhat noisy - literally "banging" gears. On the lower setting, the throw is much smoother, and no banging - even when racing. The downside is that it takes a little muscle to get to 5th and reverse. Not a big deal, but a little bit of a pain if you keep having to go for those gears.

2. It will feel notchy and stiff for a while. I probably had 2500 miles on the shifter before I noticed it starting to loosen up. You will notice.

3. My whole family races Fox Mustangs, with T5 trannies (discussion for another day). From the handle position, to the ease of throw, to the length of throw and overall feel, we all agree that the '06 with the Pro5.0 is akin cheating!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:03 PM
Hiboost
2nd Gear Member

Doodad, I might not be able to use mine. I have never installed it and ordered it from PMP.