Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I want an 07 convertible GT....when is the best time to buy one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 03:25 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: I want an 07 convertible GT....when is the best time to buy one?

i admit...i was just being funny...

it is true what they say, "show me the most beautiful woman in the world and i'll show you a man that's tired of f###### her..."

course, my dad once said, "find a girl with a great personality... and a great pair of **** helps, too."

i took his advice!

ORIGINAL: edgespeeder06

lol but wouldnt u want a girl with brains too? lol it cant all be looks, lol
Old 02-01-2007, 03:38 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

lol thats funny and about lie 2 ( I got mine for way under msrp, and it was new so maybe its just the dealers by me, they discount all types of cars, they had 05gt convertible down to 26,000 from 32,000+ but it was black and I saw the yellow and just loved it
Old 02-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

lol thats funny and about lie 2 ( I got mine for way under msrp, and it was new so maybe its just the dealers by me, they discount all types of cars, they had 05gt convertible down to 26,000 from 32,000+ but it was black and I saw the yellow and just loved it
When was this?

I just have three simple questions if you don't mind.

1. When did you purchase your Mustang?
2. What options did it have included?
3. Approximately what did you pay +- $500 ballpark figure will be okay?

Thanks
Old 02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Centurion96

When was this?

I just have three simple questions if you don't mind.

1. When did you purchase your Mustang?
2. What options did it have included?
3. Approximately what did you pay +- $500 ballpark figure will be okay?

Thanks
the dealer : Englewood NJ
Really great dealer, always has cars discounted

2) I wish i could show u the paper, but its currently in my mustang which is in the body shop, but I will have it tomorrow or the next to label everything
some stuff i know:
interior upgrade package
leather black interior, well theres leather everywhere lol
power seat,
600 wt 6 cd changer player
20inch Chrome Rims with tires retailed at about $2000+
traction
v6 automatic
didnt get the mycolor or the upgraded message center which i liked it, but im still happy
3) ball park figure, um i would say $21,000 or $22,000, my moms has the payment paper, i'll check tonight and tell ya. All i know is that I had it appraised by a ford dealer and they told me that I'm so lucky because its worth more than what i paid for it
Old 02-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Centurion96
2nd Gear Member

From what you have told me, you got a very good deal. As you state above this dealership was discounting a gt vert. for about $6000. From my calculations it appears that with the 20" tires and rims you also saved about $6000. With the options you listed I figure your sticker was around $23000, then the tires and rims would push it up to $25000. If you drove it out the door for $21000 then the discounted price would have been around $19,300 +- 500 and adding taxes, tags and title would have brought you up $21000. The sticker would have had to have been $28000 for you to save $9000 on this car. I'm not trying to curb your excitement, $6000 is a very good deal and you have a great looking Mustang.

When we started looking at the Mustangs I wanted the yellow. Unfortunately it only comes in the almost black looking dark charcoal interior. My wife said no to the interior as it doesn't go over well in the Florida sun so I then switched to Legends Lime. While we were looking at the '06s we heard about the comfort group which would give the passenger a power seat on the '07s so we decided to order. Well no yellow and no green on the '07s, what to do? As a point of reference I am an alumnus of the University of Florida (orange and blue) and my wife is an alumnus of Ohio State University (scarlet and grey). If you look at the photo in my sig you can see who won the color argument. I really pushed for the Grabber Orange but again I was stymied by that dark charcoal interior. She got her red color with tan interior but conceded the convertible to me. These are the little trade-offs one makes when one has been married for over 30 years. Oh and the car arrived at the dealership the day after OSU lost to Florida so it's arrival was a real pick me up for my wifes spirits. This vert is a third car for us, more of a toy than a daily driver. I still have my Centurion Bronco and my wife still has her Grand Marquis but whenever the weather is nice, it's pony time. I still do most of the driving with it though.

Enjoy the ride
Old 02-02-2007, 01:11 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Centurion96
lol not bad, but my sticker did say about $29,000-$30,000 with the rims and tires added, so I've got to be missing some more stuff and i only paid about $21,000 so i saved about $9000 and im paying at 0 interest lol

From what you have told me, you got a very good deal. As you state above this dealership was discounting a gt vert. for about $6000. From my calculations it appears that with the 20" tires and rims you also saved about $6000. With the options you listed I figure your sticker was around $23000, then the tires and rims would push it up to $25000. If you drove it out the door for $21000 then the discounted price would have been around $19,300 +- 500 and adding taxes, tags and title would have brought you up $21000. The sticker would have had to have been $28000 for you to save $9000 on this car. I'm not trying to curb your excitement, $6000 is a very good deal and you have a great looking Mustang.

When we started looking at the Mustangs I wanted the yellow. Unfortunately it only comes in the almost black looking dark charcoal interior. My wife said no to the interior as it doesn't go over well in the Florida sun so I then switched to Legends Lime. While we were looking at the '06s we heard about the comfort group which would give the passenger a power seat on the '07s so we decided to order. Well no yellow and no green on the '07s, what to do? As a point of reference I am an alumnus of the University of Florida (orange and blue) and my wife is an alumnus of Ohio State University (scarlet and grey). If you look at the photo in my sig you can see who won the color argument. I really pushed for the Grabber Orange but again I was stymied by that dark charcoal interior. She got her red color with tan interior but conceded the convertible to me. These are the little trade-offs one makes when one has been married for over 30 years. Oh and the car arrived at the dealership the day after OSU lost to Florida so it's arrival was a real pick me up for my wifes spirits. This vert is a third car for us, more of a toy than a daily driver. I still have my Centurion Bronco and my wife still has her Grand Marquis but whenever the weather is nice, it's pony time. I still do most of the driving with it though.

Enjoy the ride
Old 02-02-2007, 01:13 AM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

oh yea but your Torch Red mustang looks fanstastic, its a beautiful color, especially in the Pony Package mustang I had seen at another dealer before I bought this one, but I wanted a unique color lol. Too many reds, blacks and others in my family and yellow and blue were the options lol

and thanks, Hope you enjoy urs too. So is that Bronco drive as good as it looks?