Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had some fun against a new Vette tonight

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 03:47 AM
Blue Oval Bandit

Default RE: Had some fun against a new Vette tonight

Mostly simple things as there aren't too many worthy mods out there right now. CAI, exhaust and the rest is just "lookin' good' type stuff.

My main advantage however was that to fix a widespread issue with the SRT8 tranny SRT Engineering sent out an engineer to me and worked personally on my car. My car was the BETA for the fix that came down the road for everyone else. But in the process my car was tweaked in ways that no other SRT in the world is. I pull more power and my tranny behaves differently from any other SRT. My shifts are quicker and firmer allowing me to pull on any equally modded SRT. The difference would be akin to 2 drivers in equal cars with manual transmissions and one driver is more skilled at shifting while the other is a bit slower and sloppier. My torque management and traction control are also less invasive than all the other SRT8's.

Old 01-27-2007, 03:51 AM
RICAKILLA
2nd Gear Member

Nice dude.... I havnt had too much exp. with vettes.. just once at a light rolling start.... i shoulda been in first.. i ducked my head that day hehe.....Good post tho!
Old 01-27-2007, 04:40 AM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

hey i had a little fun with a new red Z06 the other day....we were on the frontage road and i was just going to pull up beside him and give him the thumbs up on his ride....so i started pulling up next to him but he was slowly accelerating as if not to let me beside him...i was about a half car length behind him and i could notice it was a middle-aged guy with his son in the passenger seat....we were going about 45 or so......so i slowly dropped it into second and pulled up directly beside him....hedropped it into gear but im not gonna lie...he didnt pull on me as much as i thought he would....i mean dont get me wrong he was definately pulling on me ....i was impressed with the stang for keeping up as well as it did...we only got to about 75 or 80 id say .....but i thoughtthe stangwould be only a snack for the "supercar"....man those things sound insane at WOT though.....he gave me a wave as he got on the interstate
Old 01-27-2007, 12:20 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

The newer Vettes will eat non blown stangs for lunch and have much higher top speeds.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:53 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

Have to say I have them both and have to tell ya BTDT and bone stock the Vette will take Mostany GT out there, the C6 anywayand if it is theZ06 ya may as well hang it up..And yes the Z06 is a BADA@@@ Vette... ..But hey,It is ALWAYS fun to have a good time. Just be safe doing it...
Old 01-27-2007, 01:13 PM
xbone
3rd Gear Member

07stanggirl will you marry me?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:20 PM
07stangGrl
2nd Gear Member

LOL Xbone Been there done that..
Old 01-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Rock36
2nd Gear Member

This is a good story.....

Shockme76 didn't make any claim to be faster than the Vette he just managed to hang on long enough to keep a Vette from passing on the right. Which rocks, because I HATE people that pass on the right. Maybe I would understand if I drove the speed limit or under, but I don't I am usually 8-10 mph over.

Generally people who pass on the right also don't realize about two car lengths ahead of me is another car going my same speed and another then another. I just happen to be keeping a safe interval with the person in front of me. So they try to pass on the right thinking I have all this open road in frontof me, which I don't. Ultimately they end uptrying to pass me and othersmultiple times on the right, screwing up traffic and usually getting stuck until trafficclears up a bitjust like the Vette in this story did.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Mpaint99
2nd Gear Member

I raced a C4 vette from a light. I was at his bumper till 30 mph, then I hit the NOS and walked away from him. I know I used NOS. But the look on his face when I left him sitting still was priceless. Still the best investment I ever made.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:36 PM
CHASLS2

I am a c6 a6 Vette owner and i will play anyday! The LS2 pulls like a beast, just add headders, cam amd heads, and that really wakes it up.

Quick Reply: Had some fun against a new Vette tonight